After more than a year of modified instruction and limited campus housing, President Patricia Moulton has announced the college’s intention to return to full in-person academic schedules for the fall of 2021. To serve the needs of students by providing our uniquely applied educational format, the college will reinstate a full contingent of in-person classes and labs in the fall.…
Electrical Engineering Technology (BS)
Systems as different as computers, cell phones, smart grids, and wind turbines all employ similar tech. With a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, you will understand the concepts behind these systems and many others. Our labs have the instruments, power supplies, and controllers used widely in the industry.
Engineering technicians work in research, development, design, production, or manufacturing of complex electrical, electronic, or electromechanical products. Testing, quality control, marketing, installation, and customer service are among the jobs available. With a bachelor’s degree, you will be able to take on the role of Engineer or Senior Technician in the design and manufacture of complex systems. Grads work in renewable energy, chip production and design, aviation, and many other fields.
The ABET-ETAC program educational objectives and student outcomes are listed on the Curriculum page.
In addition to the student outcomes included in the associate program, a student with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly defined technical and non-technical environments and identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments related to the discipline and interpret results to improve processes
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a technical team
Educational objectives that are demonstrated during their workforce careers include:
- Engineering skills: analyze, design, and implement electrical and electronic systems and products
- Engineering management skills: apply project management techniques to electrical/electronic systems; be immediately employable and productive in the workplace
- Design skills: demonstrate creativity in the design of systems, components, or processes by researching and developing multiple solutions to problems and using a variety of tools and techniques in their work
- Innovation skills: engage in lifelong learning and adapt to new and emerging technologies; continue their formal education
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
- Collins Aerospace
- Nanya Technology Corporation
- Husky Injection Molding
- Catamount R&D
- N.E. Wire Technologies
- Benoit Electric
- Schiring Radiographic Imaging
- US. Army
- LED Dynamics Inc.
- Optical Test & Fault Isolation
- Engineering Technician
- ESD Lab Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Equipment Technician
- Physical Design Engineer
- Instrument Technician
- Electrical Engineer Technician
- Application Engineer
Patrick Melvin (BS.EET), Ronnie Corey (AE.MEC), and Quinn Munns (BS.EET) represented Vermont Tech at the annual Vermont Society of Engineers (VSE) Golf Tournament at Cedar Knoll Country Club in Hinesburg, Vermont on September 25, 2020. The annual VSE tournament raises funds for scholarships to engineering students at Vermont Tech, Norwich University, and the University of Vermont. Although most contestants are…
Vermont Tech is pleased to announce the 2nd annual Choose Vermont Scholarship program has launched! The Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development, Vermont Student Assistance Corporation and 13 Vermont colleges and universities, including Vermont Tech, are partnering in the 2020 Choose Vermont Scholarship Program, which will award $60,000 in scholarship money to students who commit to attend a Vermont…