GlobalFoundries Inc. (GF) (NASDAQ: GFS), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, announces its first scholarship program for students at Vermont Tech. The GF Scholarship Program will offer an annual $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship to three selected candidates from Vermont Tech’s Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology, and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree, and/or Diesel, and/or Automotive Technology Program. “Vermont Tech graduates…
Electrical Engineering Technology (BS)
Systems as different as computers, cell phones, smart grids, and wind turbines all employ similar tech. With a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, you will understand the concepts behind these systems and many others. Our labs have the instruments, power supplies, and controllers used widely in the industry.
Engineering technicians work in research, development, design, production, or manufacturing of complex electrical, electronic, or electromechanical products. Testing, quality control, marketing, installation, and customer service are among the jobs available. With a bachelor’s degree, you will be able to take on the role of Engineer or Senior Technician in the design and manufacture of complex systems. Grads work in renewable energy, chip production and design, aviation, and many other fields.
The ABET-ETAC program educational objectives and student outcomes are listed on the Curriculum page.
In addition to the student outcomes included in the associate program, a student with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly defined technical and non-technical environments and identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments related to the discipline and interpret results to improve processes
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a technical team
- As appropriate to the class content, be aware of public health and safety considerations; local and global impacts of engineering solutions on individuals, organizations, and society; diversity and inclusion awareness; and the need for quality and continuous improvement and understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities
Educational objectives that are demonstrated during their workforce careers include:
- Engineering skills: analyze, design, and implement electrical and electronic systems and products
- Engineering management skills: apply project management techniques to electrical/electronic systems; be immediately employable and productive in the workplace
- Design skills: demonstrate creativity in the design of systems, components, or processes by researching and developing multiple solutions to problems and using a variety of tools and techniques in their work
- Innovation skills: engage in lifelong learning and adapt to new and emerging technologies; continue their formal education
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Three of the program’s general education credits are included in ELT 4701 and 4702. One technical elective must be 2000-level or higher.
The student, in consultation with their advisor, may develop a sequence of courses that best meets their pace, experience, and needs while still satisfying all degree requirements, including minimum required credits and required program courses. A typical curriculum is shown here.
- Benoit Electric
- Catamount R&D
- Collins Aerospace
- Husky Injection Molding
- LED Dynamics Inc.
- N.E. Wire Technologies
- Nanya Technology Corporation
- Schiring Radiographic Imaging
- US. Army
- Optical Test & Fault Isolation
- Engineering Technician
- ESD Lab Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Equipment Technician
- Physical Design Engineer
- Instrument Technician
- Electrical Engineer Technician
- Application Engineer
Vermont Tech’s Continuing Education & Workforce Development Division announces that Instrumart, a leading distributor of industrial instrumentation headquartered in South Burlington, Vermont, has joined its Employer Partner Program. “This type of partnership is really impactful for our students,” said Maureen Hebert, Associate Dean of Industrial Relations & Workforce Development at Vermont Tech. “The scholarship funding can mean the difference between…
Vermont Technical College’s graduating class of 2021 achieved a 99% placement rate, reflecting that they are either employed or enrolled in continuing education programs after completing their certificate or degree. Since 2014, Vermont Technical College has had an average placement rate of more than 97%. As in years past, 98% of Vermont Technical College’s graduates in the class of 2021…