Today, the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) awarded its first-ever Zero Energy Design Designation (ZEDD) seal of recognition to 17 leading educational programs that are preparing tomorrow’s architectural and engineering leaders to design and build the most sustainable buildings possible. This new DOE designation distinguishes post-secondary academic programs that impart the best…
Electrical Engineering Technology (AE)
Systems as different as computers, cell phones, smart grids, and wind turbines all employ similar tech. With a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology you will understand the concepts behind these systems and many others. Our labs have the instruments, power supplies, and controllers used widely in the industry.
Engineering technicians are an important piece of the puzzle. They work in research, development, design, production, or manufacturing of complex electrical, electronic, or electromechanical products. Testing, quality control, marketing, installation, and customer service are among the jobs available.
Like a challenge? Classes are scheduled for students to get a dual major in Computer Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology. With a two-year associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, you can go the extra mile by pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or Business Technology & Management.
The ABET-ETAC program educational objectives and student outcomes are listed on the Curriculum page.
A student with an Associate of Engineering in Electrical Engineering Technology will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments and identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments related to the discipline and analyze and interpret results
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team
- As appropriate to the class content, be aware of public health and safety considerations; local and global impacts of engineering solutions on individuals, organizations, and society; diversity and inclusion awareness; and the need for quality and continuous improvement and understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities
Educational objectives that are demonstrated during their workforce careers include:
- Professional skills: be immediately employable and productive in the workplace
- Engineering management skills: possess qualifications for positions of responsibility based on knowledge of necessary skills
- Engineering skills: demonstrate knowledge in both theory and application
- Innovation skills: engage in lifelong learning and adapt to new and emerging technologies; continue their formal education
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The student, in consultation with their advisor, may develop a sequence of courses that best meets their pace, experience, and needs while still satisfying all degree requirements, including minimum required credits and required program courses. A typical curriculum is shown here.
- Benoit Electric
- Catamount R&D
- Collins Aerospace
- Green Mountain Power
- Husky Injection Molding
- N.E. Wire Technologies
- Nanya Technology Corporation
- Nuflare Technology
- Oryza Group
- Schiring Radiographic Imaging
- US. Army
- ESD Lab Technician
- Design Engineer
- Optical Test & Fault Isolation
- Maintenance Technician
- Equipment Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Physical Design Engineer
- Instrument Technician
- Electrical Engineer Technician
- Application Engineer
- Field Engineer
- Assembly Technician
GlobalFoundries Inc. (GF) (NASDAQ: GFS), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, announces its first scholarship program for students at Vermont Tech. The GF Scholarship Program will offer an annual $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship to three selected candidates from Vermont Tech’s Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology, and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree, and/or Diesel, and/or Automotive Technology Program. “Vermont Tech graduates…
Vermont State University, the first statewide, hybrid higher education institution in the United States, launched its unified brand identity and logo during a live virtual broadcast today. The unveiling is a major milestone in a transformation process unifying three institutions – Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College. Sixteen months ago, the Vermont State Colleges System initiated a…