Vermont Technical College is accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education (formerly NEASC-CIHE). In 2020, Vermont Tech underwent its decennial comprehensive evaluation to maintain its accreditation, culminated by NECHE reaffirming the college’s accreditation in March 2021.
The Self Study Process
The Pre Accreditation Planning Committee was formed in the Spring of 2018, marking the start of the self-study process. President Moulton designated the Academic Planning Team during the summer of 2018. The team submitted the plan of action, which was accepted and approved by the Executive Committee.
President Moulton, accompanied by Rosemary Distel and Brent Sargent, key members of the Self-Study, attended the NECHE Self-Study 2-day Workshop. President Moulton then designated the Steering Committee – successfully distributing membership among faculty and staff. The Steering Committee began meeting monthly.
Self-Study co-chairs and Steering Committee members underwent project management training in early 2019. President Moulton appointed the Director of Marketing and Communications, Amanda Chaulk, as the Self-Study writer. Standard Team co-chairs established their teams with student, faculty, and members of the staff.
The first drafts of the standards were submitted on the 1st of June 2019.
Amanda Chaulk provided comments and feedback, which the Steering Committee received at the start of the fall semester. The Steering Committee reviewed the comments, additions, and edits. The second draft was completed and shared with the college community for review and input. Jeff Higgins delivered the final draft to the Steering Committee for approval and submission to NECHE.
- Submitted draft to NECHE for review (Summer 2020)
- Updated draft to include most recent Data First statistics (Summer 2020)
- Finalized Self-Study, including all appendices; submit to NECHE and Visiting Team (Summer 2020)
- Finalized Workroom documents (Summer/Fall 2020)
- Final Report (September 1, 2020)
- Public Comment (Through October 28, 2020)
- Team visited (PDF) October 25-28, 2020
- Reaffirmation of accreditation March 2021
- Draft Progress Report for Community Feedback (December 1-17, 2021)
- Final Progress Report (January 14, 2022)
- NECHE Progress Update Memo (April 6, 2022)