For more information about the facility, memberships or class information, please visit the Athletic website. To reserve a time to use the facility, please call (802) 728-1384.
Whether you’re an athlete in training or you want to maintain good health practices, Vermont Tech’s SHAPE (Student Health And Physical Education) facility offers state-of-the-art equipment and fitness facilities for the Vermont Tech and surrounding community. As the home of our Athletic and Intramural Departments, SHAPE is the campus hub for physical activities.
Originally built in 1990, the existing SHAPE complex now includes one gymnasium; a spacious and well equipped weight room complete with free weights and BodyMaster equipment, an aerobic fitness area with stair climbers, Concept II rowing machines, elliptical trainers, treadmills, spinning bikes, stair steppers; a 26-foot climbing wall; two racquetball courts, one squash court; a six-lane, 25-yard swimming pool and complete locker rooms for men, women and families.
In addition to serving the college’s student and staff needs, the Vermont Tech SHAPE Facility continues to open its doors to the surrounding community, offering a variety of community memberships and fitness classes as well as working in partnership with many of the area’s schools, community recreation groups and health organizations.
Updated SHAPE Use Information
Beginning August 24, 2020, SHAPE will be open to students, faculty, and staff ONLY. You must bring a valid Vermont Tech ID, and wear a mask upon entry to the facility.
The following regulations are in place until further notice:
- Please stay home, do not enter the facility, if you feel unwell. Anyone with a temperature of 99.5 or more will be denied entry into the facility.
- SHAPE is open for students, faculty, and staff ONLY. Members (including family members of VTC staff and faculty), guests, day use and VSC/UVM students are not allowed. VTC faculty, and staff must present VTC ID and wear a mask.
- Masks are required while in the building, including when using the restroom, except during actual exercise.
- Physical Distancing of at least 6 feet shall be observed at all times.
- You must STOP at the front desk to check in and check out, complete a questionnaire/waiver, and be informed of our expectations (temperature will be taken at this time)
- Hand washing is required after check in before using the facility.
- Downstairs locker rooms are closed. The upstairs bathrooms are open.
- Racquetball courts are closed.
- No public use equipment is available for use (basketballs/volleyballs, noodles etc.)
- Members are requested to limit visits to 60 minutes.
- Limited number of users are allowed in the facility at one time:
- Fitness Center – 10
- Pool – 14
- Basketball Gym – 3 per basket
- Monday – Friday, 8 am – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 10 am – 4 pm
Vermont Technical College reserves the right to close the facility and/or adjust hours for maintenance, holidays and college events as deemed necessary during the year. Every effort will be made to notify the general public of these changes in advance.