In addition to serving the college’s student and staff needs, the Vermont Tech SHAPE Facility continues to open its doors to the surrounding community, offering a variety of community memberships and fitness classes as well as working in partnership with many of the area’s schools, community recreation groups and health organizations.
Whether you’re an athlete in training or you want to maintain good health practices, Vermont Tech’s SHAPE (Student Health And Physical Education) facility offers state-of-the-art equipment and fitness facilities for the Vermont Tech and surrounding community. As the home of our Athletic and Intramural Departments, SHAPE is the campus hub for physical activities.
Originally built in 1990, the existing SHAPE complex now includes one gymnasium; a spacious and well equipped weight room complete with free weights and BodyMaster equipment, an aerobic fitness area with stair climbers, Concept II rowing machines, elliptical trainers, treadmills, spinning bikes, stair steppers; a 26-foot climbing wall; two racquetball courts, one squash court; a six-lane, 25-yard swimming pool and complete locker rooms for men, women and families.
Updated SHAPE Use Information
Updated: April 30, 2021
Fitness Center & Gym
Monday–Friday, 8 am – 7 pm
Saturday-Sunday, 11 am – 4 pm
(Please note the pool closes 15 minutes prior to the building to allow swimmers enough time to shower before closing at 7pm.)
Monday-Friday, 8 am – 12 pm & 4-7 pm (CLOSED 12-4 pm)
Saturday-Sunday, 11 am – 4pm
The following COVID regulations are in place until further notice (when SHAPE is open):
- SHAPE remains open to members and VTC students, faculty and staff only. Guests and day use is excepted to be re-instated in summer.
- Please stay home, do not enter the facility, if you feel unwell. Anyone with a temperature of 99.5 or more will be denied entry into the facility.
- CHECK IN IS REQUIRED. Please wait if a staff member is not present when you arrive.
- Students, faculty, and staff must present VTC ID. Members must use their swipe card.
- Masks are required while in the building. This includes while exercising and using the restroom. Masks are not required while swimming.
- Physical Distancing of at least 6 feet shall be observed at all times.
- Hand washing or sanitizing is required after check in before using the facility.
- Downstairs locker rooms are open with limited capacity; please enter through the pool deck.
- The upstairs bathrooms are open.
- Racquetball courts are open to two fully vaccinated people, with masks. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Public equipment such as basketballs or racquetball rackets will be cleaned in accordance with CDC guidelines after use.
- Fitness classes or group activities may be scheduled if the group is within the below limits and the group agrees to follow current state guidelines. Contact email@example.com for details or to make a rental reservation.
- Limited number of users are allowed in the facility at one time:
- Fitness Center – 12
- Pool – 20
- Basketball Gym – 20
- Men’s and Women’s Locker rooms – 4
- Family locker room – 2 (or a single family unit)
Vermont Technical College reserves the right to close the facility and/or adjust hours for maintenance, holidays and college events as deemed necessary during the year. Every effort will be made to notify the general public of these changes in advance.