July 22, 2021 Today, Chancellor Zdatny shared news from the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees: The Executive Committee of the Vermont State Colleges System Board of Trustees voted this afternoon to require COVID-19 vaccination for all students enrolled in the 2021-2022 Academic Year. The safety of our students, employees, and local community members is our top priority as…
Computer Software Engineering (BS)
From commercial servers to mobile and embedded devices, almost everything we use relies on software. Our dynamic program will introduce you to the entire software development life cycle, including requirements, design, coding, testing, and deployment in a rigorous, hands-on, programming-intensive experience. You’ll master computer programming, website design, networking and system development, and administration and take part in major projects that reflect real-world needs.
Graduates of this program develop programming expertise and experience significant technical depth in multiple areas. Typical jobs for graduates include test, release, or customer support engineers.
In addition to the student outcomes included in the associate program, a student with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Software Engineering will be able to:
- Use a relational database to solve information management problems
- Identify and effectively describe a user’s problem and design and develop an appropriate software solution
- Apply knowledge of computer science fundamentals to develop high-quality software applications
- Apply significant technical knowledge in their field of study to solve technical problems
- Effectively work as a member of a team to design, develop, and implement solutions to technical problems
- Make ethical professional decisions in their career
All students actively participate in the design, development, and evaluation of a sizable software system and present the results of those efforts.
The student, in consultation with their advisor, may develop a sequence of courses that best meets their pace, experience, and needs while still satisfying all degree requirements, including minimum required credits and required program courses. A typical curriculum is shown here.
- Aadco Medical
- Contact Energy
- CSL Software Solutions Inc
- DealerTrack Inc.
- Green Mountain Software
- Marathon Health
- Mary Hitchcock Memorial Systems & Software
- MISys Inc.
- NTT Data
- Rainworx Software
- Red Hat Software
- Red River
- Ringmaster Software Corp.
- State of Vermont
- Union Mutual of Vermont
- Union Street Media
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Vermont Information Processing
- Vermont Public Radio
- Vermont Technical College
- Washington County Supervisory Union
- Associate Analyst
- Associate Engineer Software
- Associate Quality Engineer
- Data Remediation Analyst
- Helpdesk Technician
- IT Associate
- Java Programmer
- Jr. Software Engineer
- Jr. Developer
- Server-Side Application
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- System Developer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Technical Support Specialist
- Test Development Technician
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
- Digital Retail Implementation Specialist
Today, the Vermont State Colleges System Board Chair, Chancellor, and Presidents held a press conference to announce the new legislation that creates several scholarship programs for Vermonters. Thanks to the Legislature and Governor, Vermont is funding several incredible opportunities for high school graduates and adult learners at the Vermont State Colleges this year. We are grateful, especially to the Legislature,…
Vermont Tech is flying high, and it’s not just among its Professional Pilot program students. The college has been included in Newsweek Magazine’s The 100 Community Colleges With the Most Bang For Your Buck list. Ranking at 39, Vermont Tech is cited for the $1,050,000 40-year net present value, or a comparison of investing in a Vermont Tech education to…