Today, the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) awarded its first-ever Zero Energy Design Designation (ZEDD) seal of recognition to 17 leading educational programs that are preparing tomorrow’s architectural and engineering leaders to design and build the most sustainable buildings possible. This new DOE designation distinguishes post-secondary academic programs that impart the best…
Computer Software Engineering (BS)
From commercial servers to mobile and embedded devices, almost everything we use relies on software. Our dynamic program will introduce you to the entire software development life cycle, including requirements, design, coding, testing, and deployment in a rigorous, hands-on, programming-intensive experience. You’ll master computer programming, website design, networking and system development, and administration and take part in major projects that reflect real-world needs.
Graduates of this program develop programming expertise and experience significant technical depth in multiple areas. Typical jobs for graduates include test, release, or customer support engineers.
In addition to the student outcomes included in the associate program, a student with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Software Engineering will be able to:
- Use a relational database to solve information management problems
- Identify and effectively describe a user’s problem and design and develop an appropriate software solution
- Apply knowledge of computer science fundamentals to develop high-quality software applications
- Apply significant technical knowledge in their field of study to solve technical problems
- Effectively work as a member of a team to design, develop, and implement solutions to technical problems
- Make ethical professional decisions in their career
All students actively participate in the design, development, and evaluation of a sizable software system and present the results of those efforts.
The student, in consultation with their advisor, may develop a sequence of courses that best meets their pace, experience, and needs while still satisfying all degree requirements, including minimum required credits and required program courses. A typical curriculum is shown here.
- Aadco Medical
- Contact Energy
- CSL Software Solutions Inc
- DealerTrack Inc.
- Green Mountain Software
- Marathon Health
- Mary Hitchcock Memorial Systems & Software
- MISys Inc.
- NTT Data
- Rainworx Software
- Red Hat Software
- Red River
- Ringmaster Software Corp.
- State of Vermont
- Union Mutual of Vermont
- Union Street Media
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Vermont Information Processing
- Vermont Public Radio
- Vermont Technical College
- Washington County Supervisory Union
- Associate Analyst
- Associate Engineer Software
- Associate Quality Engineer
- Data Remediation Analyst
- Helpdesk Technician
- IT Associate
- Java Programmer
- Jr. Software Engineer
- Jr. Developer
- Server-Side Application
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- System Developer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Technical Support Specialist
- Test Development Technician
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
- Digital Retail Implementation Specialist
GlobalFoundries Inc. (GF) (NASDAQ: GFS), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, announces its first scholarship program for students at Vermont Tech. The GF Scholarship Program will offer an annual $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship to three selected candidates from Vermont Tech’s Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology, and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree, and/or Diesel, and/or Automotive Technology Program. “Vermont Tech graduates…
Vermont State University, the first statewide, hybrid higher education institution in the United States, launched its unified brand identity and logo during a live virtual broadcast today. The unveiling is a major milestone in a transformation process unifying three institutions – Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College. Sixteen months ago, the Vermont State Colleges System initiated a…