Please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Summer Transportation Institute (NSTI) is a fun, interactive, FREE program held on the Vermont Technical College campus for students entering 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grades.
The program provides students with hands-on exploration of future careers in transportation through awareness of the complex transportation system we’ve come to rely on. Interactive labs, field trips and guest speakers will engage the students as they drive a big rig in the CDL simulator, visit mass transit systems, and learn how bridges are designed and created. Exploring energy, the environment and eco-friendly transportation systems gives focus to how Math, Science, and English all relate to transportation careers. The NSTI is sponsored by the Vermont Agency of Transportation and funded through a grant from the Federal Highway Administration.
July 10-15, 2022
Randolph Center Campus
Middle School – Day Camp
July 25-29, 2022
Experience this incredible opportunity by:
- Visiting mass transit systems: Ferries, planes, buses, trains, and more;
- Exploring energy and the environment: alternative fuels, eco-friendly transportation;
- Connecting how Math, Science, and English relate to transportation careers;
- Learning about transportation safety;
- Studying how bridges are designed and made.
- Extensive field trips to sites throughout Vermont;
- Non-residential day camp;
- Qualified instructors and counselors oversee all aspects of curriculum and activities;
- Group and independent exploration and learning.
We know this pandemic has been stressful to many and recognize that socializing and interacting with peers can be a healthy way for children to cope with stress and connect with others, particularly after spending quite a bit of time at home. After careful thought and planning, we are excited to let you know that we plan to resume camps while following CDC considerations to protect campers, families, and our community.
The health and safety of our campers and staff remains our highest priority. All campers must follow Vermont State Travel Guidance. Please check this site often, as the guidance is subject to change. Vermont Tech reserves the right to cancel any scheduled camps if federal and state guidance changes and it is determined the camps cannot operate safely. In event of a canceled camp, refunds will be provided.