This scholarship is open to MATHCOUNTS alumni who are currently seniors in high school or students pursuing a two-year or four-year degree at an accredited college or university. The MATHCOUNTS Alumni Scholarship is a $3,000 award presented to an outstanding alumnus/a whose experience in a MATHCOUNTS program had an impact on his/her outlook on math and influenced his/her academic or professional pursuits. Created this year, this scholarship ensures that MATHCOUNTS can recognize the work of talented alumni and continue to expand their academic and professional opportunities.
- Be a current high school senior -or-
- Be pursuing a two-year (Associates) or four-year (Bachelors) degree at an accredited college or university—regardless of their current year in the program.
- Be a MATHCOUNTS alumnus/a (a person who participated in a MATHCOUNTS program at any time during 6th, 7th and/or 8th grade.) These include the following:
- A participant in the MATHCOUNTS Competition Series (formerly the MATHCOUNTS Competition Program) at the school, chapter, state and/or national level.
- A member of a math club through The National Math Club (formerly the MATHCOUNTS Club Program).
- A member of a team with the Math Video Challenge (formerly the Reel Math Challenge).
The application for the 2015 MATHCOUNTS Alumni Scholarship is available here. Applications can be either mailed or emailed. That means emailed applications must be received by 11:59 PM EDT on March 14, 2018 and mailed applications must have a postmark date of March 14, 2018. Please direct any questions about the MATHCOUNTS Alumni Scholarship to the MATHCOUNTS national office at (703) 299-9006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.