We are finally starting to enjoy days of light and warmth again – and it’s certainly put a spring in my step.
Transformation updates are released every two weeks and past updates are available on the VSCS’s transformation website, along with other resources.
As you know, Presidential candidates visited campus the last two weeks. The VSCS Board of Trustees is expected to make a decision at their April 18 meeting. Planning continues in earnest and I am grateful for all who are putting in so much time to help plan for the Vermont State University!
Vermont Tech is #1
Vermont Tech ranks first in the state and #7 nationally among four-year public universities with best short-term net value, according to a new report.
Additionally, our graduating class of 2021 achieved a 99% placement rate! Since 2014, Vermont Tech has had an average placement rate of more than 97%. As in years past, 98% of Vermont Technical College’s graduates in the class of 2021 are working in their field of study.
Nursing Ranked #5 in the Nation
Our online Bachelor of Science in Nursing program (BSN) program was ranked #5 out of 500 in the nation for Best Online RN to BSN Programs by RegisteredNursing.org.
Construction Management Associate Degree Program Ranked #10 Nationally
Construction Management Associate Degree program has been ranked #10 out of 23 Best Construction Management Associate Degree programs by Best Accredited Colleges.
Bridge Building Competition
We were so excited we could host the Bridge Building competition again this year in March for middle and high school students. Once again, some great bridges and designs! Using competition specifications teams of students construct bridges in advance of the competition using only popsicle sticks, Elmer’s glue, tooth picks, and dental floss. Bridges are judged on aesthetics and originality of design, presentation, structural efficiency, predicted failure, and lowest weight. Judging is done by engineers from the Vermont Agency of Transportation.
- Middle school competition: Team 16’s bridge held 1,570 pounds before failure and team 24’s bridge held 1,256 pounds before failure.
- High school competition: Team 10’s bridge held 7,502 pounds before failure and team 9’s bridge held 3,140 pounds before failure. At the high school level students of the top three teams are awarded scholarships to be used if they attend Vermont Tech. Those scholarships are $2000 to members of the 1st place team, $1500 to members of the 2nd place team, and $1000 to members of the 3rd place team.
The SkillsUSA competition for Career and Technical Education High School students were back on campus last week April 6 & 7th taking over campus with excitement. Learn more and watch the awards ceremony.
NECHE Accreditation Spring 2022 Visit
As you know our NECHE Accreditation Spring 2022 visit is this week on April 10-12!
NECHE resources along with our recent report updates can be found on our website.
Congratulations 2022 graduates – we are just over 5 weeks away from our May Commencement ceremonies!
We are looking forward to celebrating with you in person at our Randolph campus for the first time in two years. We know that graduation marks a special moment to celebrate earning your degree from Vermont Tech. The ceremony holds that same importance for the College.
May ceremony dates:
- Friday, May 13 at 6 pm – Electrical & Plumbing Apprenticeship Graduation
- Saturday, May 14 at 1 pm – All Agriculture, Plant, Animal Science, Engineering, Computing, General Education, and Professional Studies & Management programs
- Sunday, May 15 at 10 am – All Nursing and Health Profession programs
- Sunday, May 15 at 2 pm – VAST (Vermont Academy of Science & Technology)
For additional information about Commencement, please visit our web page.
- please don’t forget to check everything off the Graduate Checklist!
Faculty & Staff:
- We are looking for volunteers to help us execute this special event for our graduates on Saturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15 (lunch will be provided)! If you are willing and able to help us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
VSCS Board of Trustees Meetings
The Vermont State Colleges Board of Trustees will have two virtual meetings in April:
- Monday, April 11 starting at 2 pm
- Monday, April 18 starting at 2 pm – (possible Presidential announcement).
The meeting materials will be posted on the VSCS web site.
Sign up to provide public comments and join the meeting via zoom.
All College Meeting
All faculty, staff, and students are invited to join President Moulton at an All College meeting on Tuesday, April 19 at 12-1 pm.
The meeting agenda and further details will be sent out via email from the President’s Office soon.
Who’s New at Vermont Tech?
Please join me in welcoming these new employees to the Vermont Tech family.
Welcome to our new staff members!
- Kim Hannon-Brobst – From Remote Service Access Coordinator to Librarian
- Phyllis Ershowsky – VtSBDC Marketing and Communications Specialist
- Sherry Barnard – From Faculty to Coordinator of Nursing Programs
- Melissa Shekinah – Admissions Assistant
- Sara Munro – VtSBDC Project Coordinator
- Jessica Beaty – Nursing Site Director, Southwest Region
Welcome to our new faculty member!
- Bradley Peduzzi – Nursing