Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, is pleased to announce the continuation of the Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship Program to help provide educational opportunities for future generations of scientists. The Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship Program for the Spring 2015 semester includes two (2) $10,000 scholarships and four (4) $5,000 scholarships, to be awarded to undergraduate and graduate students with a declared major of biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or a related life-science field.
Graduate students or undergraduate students must be enrolled in an accredited college for the 2015 Spring semester to qualify for this scholarship. A pre-selected committee will award two $10,000 scholarships and four $5,000 scholarships among the candidates.
- Candidate must be enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited college or university for the 2015 Spring semester
- Candidate must have a declared major of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related life science field
- Graduate students must have received a cumulative undergraduate GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate students should be maintaining a GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during Graduate School
- Sophomores and Juniors must have a cumulative college GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- First-year students must have a cumulative high school GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Candidates must complete an application & submit unofficial transcripts [if selected, an official transcript will be required]
Although not required for an application, references can be submitted to:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Attn: Scholarship Reference
3734 N. Meridian Rd
Rockford, IL 61107
or via email to PierceScholarship@thermofisher.com.