The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is proud to award $4,000 to one student each semester whose life has been impacted by cancer. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to college students in their pursuit of higher education. If you’ve battled a form of cancer yourself, or witnessed a loved one receiving treatment, we want to hear your story.
- Have battled cancer at any point in their lives (not limited to mesothelioma)
- Have a parent, sibling, immediate family member or close friend that has battled or is currently fighting cancer
- Be enrolled full-time at an accredited two-year or four-year university, community college or junior college, or a graduate degree program
- Be a United States citizen
- Must be in academic “Good Standing” and have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher to be eligible
Applicants must submit a typed essay (500–1,500 words) or video submission (5 minutes max) answering the following questions:
- How has cancer affected your life?
- How did you overcome this strong adversity?
- How has cancer affected outlook on your life and personal or career goals?
- How did this adversity shape who you are today?
- What would this scholarship mean to you? Why is it important?
Please fill out the online application form and provide your full name, home address, email address, phone number, the university you are attending, or plan to attend, and your major. In addition, please also submit:
- Unofficial Academic Transcript.
- Proof of enrollment at an accredited two-year or four-year university, community college or junior college, or a graduate degree program.
- 2 letters of recommendation detailing why you should receive the scholarship.
- Information about any honors you have received as well as any volunteer work. Please summarize in 1–2 sentences for each.