The GlobalFoundries Scholarship Program offers an annual $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship to selected candidates from Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree and/or Diesel and Automotive Technology Program at Vermont Tech.
GlobalFoundries (GF) is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GF makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets.
- Priority to Vermont residents but open to out-of-state students
- Be enrolled in the Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree Program and/or Automotive Technology Program and/or Diesel Technology Program
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher
- To receive the full $5,000 scholarship, students must successfully complete GF paid summer internship as follows:
- 12 weeks in the summer for between the Freshman and Sophomore years if pursuing an Associates degree.
- 12 weeks in the summer between the Junior and Senior years if pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
Candidates applying to join the program must complete and submit the GlobalFoundries Scholarship Program Application to the Office of Financial Aid. Scholarship awards will be announced by GF.