Greetings Vermont State University community,
As we begin to close out the semester, I offer my appreciation to all of you for your incredible efforts these past few months. Students, thank you for your hard work throughout the semester. You are close to the finish line – and I’m rooting for you all! Faculty and staff, thank you again for your work supporting our students and for all the extra contributions you have made in your work as we build Vermont State. If you have any news to share as you complete the year, please click here to submit your news! If you have a suggestion to share, please click here to send it to me.
As we enter the new year, I want to share with our entire community our new values statement, which will be of critical importance as we forge forward together as Vermont State University.
Here’s to a successful end to 2022, with best wishes for a rewarding 2023.
We are pleased to announce three Vermont State University leadership appointments:
- Jayshree Bhat will be the Associate Vice President of Workforce, Community, and Economic Development
- Lindsey Melo begins her role as Assistant Vice President of People and Culture
- Mari Perez is the new Assistant Vice President of Sponsored Programs
Please join us in welcoming Jayshree, Lindsey, and Mari!
VSCS Transformation Newsletter
Additional transformation updates can be found in the most recent Sway.
This issue includes the following:
- Reminder: Transformation Update #43
- IT Shared Service Next Steps
- Student Advisory Council November Meeting Summary
- Transformation Project Updates
- Announcing Three New Vermont State University Leadership Appointments
- Spotlight: Complementary Roles & Workforce Development System-wide
- Vermont State Colleges in the News
VTSU Office of the President Communications and Organization Chart
President’s Office Communications
To send an inquiry or meeting request to President Grewal, please use President@VermontState.edu. The President’s Office staff, including Michelle Graham and Barb Flathers (Johnson campus) and Rita Geno (Castleton campus) will be happy to support you.
Vermont State Organization Chart
All VTSU employees can access a new and helpful Vermont State organizational chart in UKG (UltiPro).
To access this chart:
- Login into UKG
- Click on your personal tab (Myself)
- Scroll down the list about half way and you will see the My Company category with the Organization Chart
- Click on Organization Chart
- In the chart you can click and drag with your mouse to move through the chart or you can use the search bar to search a name.
Upcoming Vermont State University Events
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- First day of classes for spring 2023
Around Our Campuses
WPTZ-TV – Castleton Nurses Pass Licensure Test Well Above National Average
“We’re really, really excited that something’s going very well here,” said Helen Papeika, assistant professor and nursing chair at Castleton University. “We’re meeting the needs of the community, we’re meeting the needs of the students, faculty and staff across nursing and other departments.” Watch now.
Pocket Wetland Restoration Underway on Johnson Campus
“This project is a first step in making the campus grounds more sustainable,” Professor Lisa Zinn said. “With climate change, the storm events are getting more frequent in Vermont, and all of the surface water running off lawns and roads is running into streams and rivers.” Read the entire article. Read more.
Out and About with NVU’s Outdoor Education, Leadership, and Tourism Program
NVU’s Outdoor Education, Leadership, and Tourism program faculty and students have been out in the local and regional community learning and sharing their knowledge in a variety of ways this semester. Read more.
Vermont Tech Hosts Inaugural Athletics Hall of Fame Ceremony
“The athletes inaugurated into this first Hall of Fame class showed exceptional talent and willingness to work hard both in the classroom and on the playing surface,” said Hilary Linehan, Director of Athletics and Recreation. Read more.
Share your news!
Submit your story to be featured in an upcoming newsletter or on social media.