Small group or individual tutoring is available for most courses taught at Vermont Tech.
Generally, we find tutors for about 95% of requests. Getting a tutor is not complicated and it is free, so if you want or need some support in your course work, don't hesitate to speak with Beth Camp, our Student Support Specialist. Tutoring can also be requested in Room 406 on the Williston campus during open hours Monday-Friday, noon-4 pm.
In addition to individual and small group tutoring, drop-in assistance is available. Drop-in is a great place to come to do homework, get immediate answers to questions, or prepare for an exam.
- On the Randolph Center campus, math and writing assistance as well as tutoring for some science classes is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3-5 pm and 6-9 pm in Conant 107.
- On the Williston campus, drop-in assistance with writing is available four days a week whenever the writing tutors are free. Drop-in math tutoring is available 3 hours a week with Rachel Repstead. See the outside of Room 406 for the exact schedule.
The Center for Academic Success also provides test review sessions for math and science final exams at both the Williston and Randolph Center campuses. On a request basis, we can also provide review sessions for other exams or other classes. Review sessions prior to finals and mid-terms are a very popular way to prepare for these important exams. If you would like to set up a review for tests or exams, contact Beth Camp. Current students can request a tutor by filling out the tutor request form. Please login with the same username and password that you use to access the portal.
Interested in becoming a tutor?
We are always looking for students who are interested in helping fellow students learn.
Our student tutors have a 3.3 cumulative GPA, work well with other students and are able to provide a recommendation from a faculty member.
- Tutoring is a paid position
- Work Study is not required
- Tutors control their own schedule
- Training is offered and ongoing support is available
If you are deeply interested or merely curious, please contact Skye Erskine, Academic Counselor & Coordinator of Grant Data at email@example.com or (802) 728-1399.