In support of the FIRST mission, Vermont Tech is offering a merit-based scholarship in the amount of $5,000, to a high school senior or an incoming transfer student who has participated on a FIRST team during their junior or senior year of high school. This scholarship may be utilized for any undergraduate course of study at Vermont Tech. The scholarship is renewable up to a total of $20,000 for four years, contingent upon maintaining a 3.00 GPA. Each recipient must meet the regular academic requirements for admission to the college.
To be eligible for a FIRST scholarship, you must:
- Be a senior in high school or college transfer student
- Have participated at least one full season during your junior or senior year in high school on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team.
- Apply and be admitted to Vermont Tech as a full-time student. (You do not, however, need to have already been admitted at the time you apply for the scholarship.)
- Have a combined SAT score of at least 1500 (Math, Reading and Writing) and a GPA of at least 3.00 (on a scale of 4.0)
- Both in and out-of-state students are eligible
To apply for the Vermont Tech FIRST Scholarship, complete the FIRST Scholarship Application. Be sure to include the following materials in your application package:
- A 500 word essay regarding your FIRST experience and your career goals
- A letter of recommendation from one of your FIRST adult mentors
Your FIRST Scholarship Application and materials must be received by March 15.
Please send your application package to:
Director of Financial Aid
Office of Financial Aid
PO Box 500
Randolph Center, VT 05061