Scholarships are the root of our purpose in Automotive Women’s Alliance Foundation (AWAF). As an active professional foundation dedicated to supporting the advancement of automotive professionals, AWAF strives to motivate current and future students studying an automotive related field.
Scholarships are selected by the Scholarship Committee and awarded quarterly to the women that solicit passion and drive for the automotive industry. It is our hope that with these scholarships, we can lessen the burden on students and allow them to focus on gaining knowledge and development in automotive related fields and thus enhance their potential career path and the future of the industry.
Scholarships are awarded to female, North American citizens, with a passion for a career or advancement in the automotive and its related industries. While AWAF members and family members are encouraged to apply for scholarships, we encourage applicants who are not affiliated with the organization to apply as well. In order to be eligible for a scholarship applicants should be already accepted to or enrolled in an accredited collegiate program, with a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Be accepted to a college or university.
- Have and maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA during a scholarship-funded semester.
- If an applicant cannot accept the scholarship or if education is interrupted, the status of funds will be reviewed by AWAF Scholarship Committee.
- The scholarship funds awarded will be valid at the college or university to be used toward tuition and fees.
- The scholarship check will be awarded in the name of the applicant and the educational institution.
- Scholarship awards will be chosen by application. The AWAF Scholarship Committee may conduct interviews.
- Applicant must give written or electronic notification of acceptance within five (5) days of award notification.
- This scholarship is open to North American citizens.