GlobalFoundries Inc. (GF) (NASDAQ: GFS), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, announces its first scholarship program for students at Vermont Tech. The GF Scholarship Program will offer an annual $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship to three selected candidates from Vermont Tech’s Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology, and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree, and/or Diesel, and/or Automotive Technology Program. “Vermont Tech graduates…
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Few fields of study will offer you a wider range of career opportunities than mechanical engineering technology. Mechanical engineering technicians provide an indispensable link between the professional engineer involved with research, design, and development, and the skilled craftsperson who manufactures and assembles the high-technology devices that enable people, companies, and nations to function every day.
You will learn how to communicate across the industry; produce sketches and drawings used in the manufacture of machines; analyze forces imposed upon mechanical objects; determine appropriate sizes and materials for mechanical parts; and test finished assemblies for proper design. You’ll graduate able to calculate the energy requirements of machines and analyze the fluid systems that control them. You’ll be able to manage the problem of heat in mechanical appliances and to control mechanisms by the use of electricity and electronics. You will be prepared to be that indispensable link.
Graduates of this program are well-prepared for admission to Vermont Tech’s Bachelor of Science programs in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Electromechanical Engineering Technology, Renewable Energy Technology, and Business Technology & Management.
A student with an Associate of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering Technology will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments and identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and analyze and interpret results
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team
Educational objectives that are demonstrated during their workforce careers include:
- Engineering skills: develop a successful career in manufacturing, design, specification, installation, testing, operation, maintenance, sales, or documentation of mechanical systems
- Professional skills: employ strong communication and teamwork skills and participate productively on professional teams of engineers, technicians, managers, and skilled production workers
- Design skills: utilize technical knowledge and skills to effectively design, fabricate, manufacture, and maintain industrial and consumer systems and products
- Innovation skills: continuously develop as a professional; adapt and stay current in their field
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The student, in consultation with their advisor, may develop a sequence of courses that best meets their pace, experience, and needs while still satisfying all degree requirements, including minimum required credits and required program courses. A typical curriculum is shown here.
- AADCO Medical Inc.
- Advanced Illumination
- GW Plastics
- Husky Injection Molding System
- Insitute for Supply Management
- MBA Healthgroup
- ATCP Physical Engineering
- Powerhold, Inc.
- Pre-Tech Precision Machining
- Solaflect Energy
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Vermont Wireform Co
- Remediation Technicican
- Mechanical Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Quality Technician
- Manufacturing Technician
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Equipment Maintenance
- Technician Specialist
- Design Engineer
- Machine Operator
- Engineering Intern
Vermont Technical College’s graduating class of 2021 achieved a 99% placement rate, reflecting that they are either employed or enrolled in continuing education programs after completing their certificate or degree. Since 2014, Vermont Technical College has had an average placement rate of more than 97%. As in years past, 98% of Vermont Technical College’s graduates in the class of 2021…
August 11, 2021 Effective Friday, August 13 all faculty, staff, students, and visitors are required to wear a mask when indoors on campus at any Vermont Tech location. This is in accordance with the CDC’s latest recommendations. This decision follows our recent announcement to mandate a COVID-19 vaccine of all enrolled students. The latest research on the Delta variant shows…