GlobalFoundries Inc. (GF) (NASDAQ: GFS), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, announces its first scholarship program for students at Vermont Tech. The GF Scholarship Program will offer an annual $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship to three selected candidates from Vermont Tech’s Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology, and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree, and/or Diesel, and/or Automotive Technology Program. “Vermont Tech graduates…
Do you want to be your own boss? We want to help you convert your ideas or technical skills into a business enterprise of your own. More people than ever want to work for themselves. Our Entrepreneurship program will make sure you’re prepared to be your own boss, and manage others as well. The curriculum is designed to help you prepare for the financial, legal, and social opportunities that come with starting and growing your own business.
Our Bachelor’s program gives you more experience and hands-on learning, building on the associate degree.
Vermont Tech’s Entrepreneurship curriculum is designed to help the emerging entrepreneur harness unique opportunities, ignite change, and build a successful business. You will learn about transforming ideas into enterprises that add value to the customers and the owner. You will be trained in the skills needed to innovate, create, and develop business plans, raise capital, and manage a small business and its employees.
A student with a Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship will be able to:
- Determine the key characteristics and terminology of the business disciplines of management, human resources, marketing, innovation, and finance and integrate these disciplines to develop and affect corporate strategies and plans
- Explain the accounting cycle, process typical transactions; interpret financial statements; prepare budgets; forecast and evaluate risk; and apply financial information to broad-based business decision making
- Lead and participate in teams; maintain respectful and collaborative relationships; and contribute to effective group outcomes
- Use digital and analytical tools to design and create business documents and presentations to manage people and projects and to solve problems
- Develop marketing strategies to satisfy specific target audiences, create a marketing mix, and apply and integrate marketing concepts with other business disciplines to affect a business strategy
- Demonstrate qualitative and quantitative critical thinking skills to analyze current business situations and new ventures from legal, economical, social, and ethical perspectives and recommend appropriate actions
- Recommend and justify best practices in management, motivation, and leadership concepts to create and sustain a positive organizational culture in a global and diverse environment
- Develop detailed components of a comprehensive business plan in support of a new venture launch
- Participate in or assess an entrepreneurial venture
The student, in consultation with their advisor, may develop a sequence of courses that best meets their pace, experience, and needs while still satisfying all degree requirements, including minimum required credits and required program courses. A typical curriculum is shown here.
- ACC 1020 Survey of Accounting
- BUS 1341 Exploring Business & Entrepreneurship
- CIS 1041 Computer Applications
- ENG 1061 English Composition
- INT 1021 Creativity & Innovation
- BUS 2020 Principles of Management
- BUS 2041 Foundations of Entrepreneurship
- BUS 2270 Interpersonal & Oral Communication
- BUS 3230 Principles of Financial Management
- ELE XXXX AH/SS elective
- ELE XXXX AH/SS elective
- as Required
- BUS 3150 Production & Operations Management
- BUS 3410 Business Ethics
- XXX XXXX Elective
Vermont State University, the first statewide, hybrid higher education institution in the United States, launched its unified brand identity and logo during a live virtual broadcast today. The unveiling is a major milestone in a transformation process unifying three institutions – Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College. Sixteen months ago, the Vermont State Colleges System initiated a…
Vermont Technical College’s Construction Management Associate Degree program has been ranked #10 out of 23 Best Construction Management Associate Degree programs by Best Accredited Colleges. The ranking comes at an important time for both Vermont and the nation: Construction continues its upward jobs trend. In March 2022, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics shared a report that showed the ninth-straight…
- I pursued my second degree at Vermont Tech.
- I am a mom.
- I enjoyed study abroad opportunities in Italy and Greece.
- I found my niche at Vermont Tech.
- I love the small class sizes.
- Faculty and staff truly care about me.
- I took six classes and worked 40-hours a week to put myself through college.
- I always pushed myself to make the Dean’s List.
- I look forward to expanding my knowledge even after I graduate.