GlobalFoundries Inc. (GF) (NASDAQ: GFS), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, announces its first scholarship program for students at Vermont Tech. The GF Scholarship Program will offer an annual $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship to three selected candidates from Vermont Tech’s Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology, and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree, and/or Diesel, and/or Automotive Technology Program. “Vermont Tech graduates…
More people than ever want to work for themselves. Our Entrepreneurship program will make sure you’re prepared to be your own boss, and manage others as well. The curriculum is designed to help you prepare for the financial, legal, and social opportunities that come with starting and growing your own business.
Vermont Tech’s Entrepreneurship AAS exposes you to applied learning by focusing on creativity and innovation and offering business fundamentals such as accounting, finance, management, communication and marketing in the context of planning and launching new business opportunities.
A student with an Associate of Applied Science in Entrepreneurship will be able to:
- Identify the key characteristics and terminology of the business disciplines of management, human resources, marketing, innovation, and finance
- Communicate with written, oral, visual, and interpersonal messages to convey information, promote ideas, provide customer service, and advance career goals
- Complete the steps of the accounting cycle to process typical business transactions; prepare and interpret financial statements; and use integrated accounting software to record finances for a small business
- Participate in teams; maintain respectful and collaborative relationships; and contribute to effective group outcomes
- Use Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software to design and create business documents
- Develop marketing strategies to satisfy specific target audiences and create a marketing mix that will generate a competitive advantage
- Explain and apply an entrepreneurial mindset to processes of innovation
- Integrate entrepreneurship concepts and skills to develop a feasibility plan
The student, in consultation with their advisor, may develop a sequence of courses that best meets their pace, experience, and needs while still satisfying all degree requirements, including minimum required credits and required program courses. A typical curriculum is shown here.
Vermont State University, the first statewide, hybrid higher education institution in the United States, launched its unified brand identity and logo during a live virtual broadcast today. The unveiling is a major milestone in a transformation process unifying three institutions – Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College. Sixteen months ago, the Vermont State Colleges System initiated a…
Vermont Technical College’s Construction Management Associate Degree program has been ranked #10 out of 23 Best Construction Management Associate Degree programs by Best Accredited Colleges. The ranking comes at an important time for both Vermont and the nation: Construction continues its upward jobs trend. In March 2022, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics shared a report that showed the ninth-straight…