August 11, 2021 Effective Friday, August 13 all faculty, staff, students, and visitors are required to wear a mask when indoors on campus at any Vermont Tech location. This is in accordance with the CDC’s latest recommendations. This decision follows our recent announcement to mandate a COVID-19 vaccine of all enrolled students. The latest research on the Delta variant shows…
What happens when you plant the same crop in the same field, year after year? After a while, the nutrients get sapped from the land and you are left with peanuts.
Diversification is an important part of anyone’s financial freedom, but you don’t want to spread yourself too thin. This program provides a balance of animal, plant, and soil sciences with business and management training to ensure you graduate ready to meet these complex challenges. In your first semester, we’ll get you out in the field (literally) working with agriculture experts to improve farming in Vermont.
The program focuses on the use of synergistic biological processes to foster a reduction in the need for, and subsequent use of, off-farm inputs. Classroom Instruction focuses on the practical application of agricultural science in Vermont.
A student with a Bachelor of Science in Diversified Agriculture will be able to:
- Effectively and professionally communicate technical information in writing, speaking, listening, and interpersonal skills to work as part of a team and interact with clients, the public, and industry professionals
- Apply knowledge of agricultural science and technology to industry problems that require the application of applied procedures or methodologies
- Analyze livestock nutrition and ration evaluation
- Design, plan, and implement healthy plant environments
- Create and analyze a nutrient management plan
- Analyze the operational details of various New England agricultural industries
- Combine knowledge of agricultural industries with organizing and managing a small business, marketing, accepted accounting practices and operation budgeting, assessing operations, and writing a business plan for an agricultural operation
- Dalestead Farm & Maple LLC
- Echo Hill Farm Goat Dairy
- Middlebury Snow Bowl
- Parmelee Farm
- Sweet Doe Dairy
- Vermont Tech
- VT Homestead Cheese
- Market Gardener
- Snowmaking Operations
Today, the Vermont State Colleges System Board Chair, Chancellor, and Presidents held a press conference to announce the new legislation that creates several scholarship programs for Vermonters. Thanks to the Legislature and Governor, Vermont is funding several incredible opportunities for high school graduates and adult learners at the Vermont State Colleges this year. We are grateful, especially to the Legislature,…
Vermont Tech is flying high, and it’s not just among its Professional Pilot program students. The college has been included in Newsweek Magazine’s The 100 Community Colleges With the Most Bang For Your Buck list. Ranking at 39, Vermont Tech is cited for the $1,050,000 40-year net present value, or a comparison of investing in a Vermont Tech education to…