After more than a year of modified instruction and limited campus housing, President Patricia Moulton has announced the college’s intention to return to full in-person academic schedules for the fall of 2021. To serve the needs of students by providing our uniquely applied educational format, the college will reinstate a full contingent of in-person classes and labs in the fall.…
What happens when you plant the same crop in the same field, year after year? After a while, the nutrients get sapped from the land and you are left with peanuts.
Diversification is an important part of anyone’s financial freedom, but you don’t want to spread yourself too thin. This program provides a balance of animal, plant, and soil sciences with business and management training to ensure you graduate ready to meet these complex challenges. In your first semester, we’ll get you out in the field (literally) working with agriculture experts to improve farming in Vermont.
The program focuses on the use of synergistic biological processes to foster a reduction in the need for, and subsequent use of, off-farm inputs. Classroom Instruction focuses on the practical application of agricultural science in Vermont.
A student with a Bachelor of Science in Diversified Agriculture will be able to:
- A student with a Bachelor of Science in Diversified Agriculture will be able to:
- Effectively and professionally communicate technical information in writing, speaking, listening, and interpersonal skills to work as part of a team and interact with clients, the public, and industry professionals
- Apply knowledge of agricultural science and technology to industry problems that require the application of applied procedures or methodologies
- Analyze livestock nutrition and ration evaluation
- Design, plan, and implement healthy plant environments
- Create and analyze a nutrient management plan
- Analyze the operational details of various New England agricultural industries
- Combine knowledge of agricultural industries with organizing and managing a small business, marketing, accepted accounting practices and operation budgeting, assessing operations, and writing a business plan for an agricultural operation
- Dalestead Farm & Maple LLC
- Echo Hill Farm Goat Dairy
- Middlebury Snow Bowl
- Parmelee Farm
- Sweet Doe Dairy
- Vermont Tech
- VT Homestead Cheese
- Market Gardener
- Snowmaking Operations
Vermont Tech is pleased to announce the 2nd annual Choose Vermont Scholarship program has launched! The Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development, Vermont Student Assistance Corporation and 13 Vermont colleges and universities, including Vermont Tech, are partnering in the 2020 Choose Vermont Scholarship Program, which will award $60,000 in scholarship money to students who commit to attend a Vermont…
by Zoe Newmarco Vermont Technical College President Pat Moulton’s goals for the Randolph Center campus raised eyebrows, when a WCAX report quoted her as planning to “shrink” VTC’s footprint in Randolph Center while expanding the Williston campus. Moulton explained that her comment came in relation to a plan VTC administrators are working on to develop as part of a Vermont…