GlobalFoundries Inc. (GF) (NASDAQ: GFS), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, announces its first scholarship program for students at Vermont Tech. The GF Scholarship Program will offer an annual $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship to three selected candidates from Vermont Tech’s Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology, and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree, and/or Diesel, and/or Automotive Technology Program. “Vermont Tech graduates…
Construction Management (AAS)
With new technology comes new materials, new products, and new implementation techniques. Construction Management is an ideal major if you enjoy a creative challenge and like to see the results of your work. Graduates of this program have found work as supervisors and project managers with construction companies like DEW Construction or PC Construction. Other career paths include equipment sales, heavy machine operators, or consulting work.
Launch 2021 Construction Lab (Randolph Center)
This program is designed to serve both recent high school graduates with limited experience in the construction field and adults already employed in the building industry who want to prepare themselves for more advanced roles.
If you want to expand your career options, consider obtaining a 4-year degree in Construction Management.
A student with an Associate of Applied Science in Construction Management will be able to:
- Communicate construction materials and methods using graphical symbols, drafting practice, and computer-aided design
- Create and oral communications appropriate to the discipline
- Use computers for computation, research, documentation, and communication
- Identify building components and materials
- Demonstrate and model industry-accepted (OSHA) safety practices
- Understand a load table and choose proper materials for structural members
- Create and administer construction schedules
- Apply basic surveying techniques for construction layout and control
- Create written communications appropriate to the discipline
- Complete construction project cost estimates
Due to emphasis on mobility, cooperative projects, and paperless construction management in the program, we recommend a laptop. Electronic textbooks are used frequently. PC software, including Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, and CAD, is available to students at little to no cost.Program enrollment and graduation count
- CPM 1000 CM Freshman Seminar
- CPM 1021 Construction Graphics I
- CPM 1031 Residential Construction Systems
- CPM 1032 Construction Lab
- ELE XXXX AH/SS elective
- ENG 1061 English Composition
- MAT 1311 Precalculus I
- ACC 1020 Survey of Accounting
- BUS 2440 Introduction to Business Law
- CPM 2010 Construction Estimates I
- CPM 2020 Construction Project Management
- CPM 2050 Construction Management Software
- CPM 2060 Field Engineering
- CPM 2802 Construction Internship Review
- Allegrone Construction
- Connor Contracting
- Cutler Associates
- Defrense Homebuilders
- DEW Construction
- Eilers Bros. Trucking & Excavating Inc.
- EIV Technical Services
- Engelberth Construction
- Greenman-Pedersen Inc.
- HP Cummings
- Innovative Construction Solutions
- J.A. McDonald Inc.
- K&E Electric
- Maine Drilling & Boring
- McCorrmick Kitchens
- National Life
- Naylor and Breen Builders
- Neil Daniels, Inc.
- Neagley & Chase Construction
- New England Air Systems
- Nye Lawn Care
- Parsons Bricknerhoff
- PC Construction Company
- Peak Construction Management
- Pike Industries
- Riverside & Pickering Marine
- Roger Gosslein, Inc.
- R.W. Irvine & Sons
- S. D. Ireland
- S.W. Cole
- The McKernon Group
- The Remodeling Company
- Tietgens Trucking & Excavation
- TLC Gardening
- Town of Ferrisburgh
- Trumbull-Nelson Construction
- Vermont Testing & Consulting Corp.
- VT Agency of Transportation
- Whiting-Turner Construction
- Project Manager
- Assistant Supervisor
- Project Engineer
- Concrete Tester
- Assistant Project Manager
- Bridge Inspector
- Concrete Technician
- Road Foreman
- Road Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Operator / Jr Estimator
- Construction Estimator
- Construction Consultant
- Building Designer
- Grade Foreman
- Field Engineer
- Grounds Crew
- Project Coordinator
- Project Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Soil Tech
- Construction Inspector Tech
- Assistant Foreman
- Project Superintendent
- Quality Control
- Commercial Carpenter
- Assistant Superintendent
- Project Engineer
Vermont State University, the first statewide, hybrid higher education institution in the United States, launched its unified brand identity and logo during a live virtual broadcast today. The unveiling is a major milestone in a transformation process unifying three institutions – Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College. Sixteen months ago, the Vermont State Colleges System initiated a…
Vermont Technical College’s Construction Management Associate Degree program has been ranked #10 out of 23 Best Construction Management Associate Degree programs by Best Accredited Colleges. The ranking comes at an important time for both Vermont and the nation: Construction continues its upward jobs trend. In March 2022, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics shared a report that showed the ninth-straight…
- I have a passion for improving buildings and infrastructure
- I push myself to work harder
- Vermont has a lot of activities to offer all seasons of the year
- I am a first-generation college student.
- I’ve successfully managed the transition from full-time work to full-time student.
- I have confidently earned my degree in Construction Management.
- I enjoyed spending time in the library and the lab.
- Problem-solving with other students helped me better understand the work.
- I was on the Dean’s List.