GlobalFoundries Inc. (GF) (NASDAQ: GFS), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, announces its first scholarship program for students at Vermont Tech. The GF Scholarship Program will offer an annual $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship to three selected candidates from Vermont Tech’s Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology, and/or Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering Degree, and/or Diesel, and/or Automotive Technology Program. “Vermont Tech graduates…
As automobiles become more complex, the people who service these vehicles must possess extensive knowledge of the sophisticated mechanical, electrical, and computer systems currently used. The Vermont Tech Automotive Technology program provides students with the technical education increasingly in demand by automotive manufacturers, dealerships, independent repair facilities, and equipment manufacturers. You will acquire knowledge through a broad exposure to mechanical and electronic automobile devices through classroom and laboratory experience. Significant study time is devoted to electronic control of mechanical systems, system design considerations, and the analysis and diagnosis of system failures as well as traditional hands-on skills. This Associate of Applied Science (AAS) program includes a 10-week summer cooperative education requirement that provides students with real- world experience and the opportunity to explore future employment.
Launch 2021 Catamount Center (Randolph Center)
Graduates of this program will have the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain, diagnose, and repair mechanical and electronic systems in any automobile or light/medium-duty truck. The comprehensive nature of the program ensures that graduates are prepared to solve problems on vehicles regardless of origin. The combination of technical knowledge, program philosophy, and emphasis on lifelong learning prepares the graduate with a solid foundation for success in all aspects of the automotive technology profession.
Throughout the curriculum, faculty and staff reinforce the principles of professional ethics, critical thinking, and problem solving as they are applied to the workplace. Students are also introduced to basic business management practices.
This program has been developed with the support and encouragement of the Vermont Automobile Dealer’s Association.
A student with an Associate of Applied Science in Automotive Technology will be able to:
- Understand the theory of operation, plus diagnostic service procedures, for gasoline engines light-duty hydraulic brake systems; passenger car and light truck suspension and steering systems; automotive electrical and electronic systems; passenger car and light truck drive train systems; automotive engine performance; advanced technology automotive vehicles; passenger car and light truck transmissions; and automotive heating and air-conditioning systems
- Communicate effectively with automotive customers and business relations
- Exhibit the principles of professional conduct in all aspects of customer relations
The student must possess a set of hand tools for use in the lab and for the summer internship program. A tool list is available from the department. The student should also have a dependable vehicle to travel to and from the lab facilities. Students are required to wear black work pants and steel-toed leather work or hiking boots in all lab sections. The college provides t-shirts.
- ATT 1011 Suspension & Steering I
- ATT 1012 Suspension & Steering II
- ATT 1013 Preventative Maintenance
- ATT 1090 Automotive Electronics Lab
- ELE XXXX AH/SS elective
- ENG 1061 English Composition
- GTS 1120 Vehicle Electronics
- MAT 1210 Principles of Mathematics
- ATT 2010 Engine Performance
- ATT 2020 Body Electronic Systems
- ATT 2802 ATT Summer Internship Review
- ELE XXXX AH/SS elective
- Select One
- BUS 2210 Small Business Management
- XXX XXXX Elective
- I completed my senior year of high school and first year of college simultaneously through VAST.
- Mechanical Engineering is a great fit for me because I love solving puzzles and learning how things work
- If you’re serious about your future, Vermont Tech is the best.
Vermont State University, the first statewide, hybrid higher education institution in the United States, launched its unified brand identity and logo during a live virtual broadcast today. The unveiling is a major milestone in a transformation process unifying three institutions – Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College. Sixteen months ago, the Vermont State Colleges System initiated a…
Vermont Technical College’s Construction Management Associate Degree program has been ranked #10 out of 23 Best Construction Management Associate Degree programs by Best Accredited Colleges. The ranking comes at an important time for both Vermont and the nation: Construction continues its upward jobs trend. In March 2022, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics shared a report that showed the ninth-straight…
- I want to follow in my father's footsteps
- I don't want to be another face in the crowd
- I want to break down barriers for women in Auto Tech
- Vermont Tech helped me feel more confident as a student.
- I have built confidence as a student.
- I landed a job as a diesel technician at Milton Caterpillar in Richmond.