Reducing Food Waste through Source Reduction
co-sponsored with the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources and the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Download the program here.
Vermont Tech President Philip Conroy9:10 Opening Remarks
Justin Johnson, Deputy Commissioner of Vermont Department9:20 Cathy Jamieson and Carey Hengstenberg, Solid Waste Program, Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
of Environmental Conservation
Nora Goldstein, editor of Biocycle Magazine
10:45 Panel discussion moderated by Christine Beling, Environmental Protection Agency’s Food Recovery Challenge Program
- Andrea Asch, Manager of Natural Resources, Ben & Jerry’s12:15 Lunch
- Kasey Harris, Sustainability Programs Specialist, Hannaford Bros. Co.
- Daria Holcomb, Manager, Dining Services, Fletcher Allen Health Care
- John Sayles, Chief Executive Officer, Vermont Food Bank
1:00 Resources and Tools: Food Waste Reduction Opportunities & Tracking
- Christy Cook, Senior Manager, Sustainability Deployment, Sodexo2:30 Closing Remarks
- Andrew Shakman, Co-Founder and President, LeanPath
Donna Barlow Casey, Director, Vermont Technical College Center for Sustainable Practices, VT Agency of CommerceRegister for December 4th here.
Date: December 4, 2012
Time: 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Contact: Ingrid Van Steamburg