The TRIO/SSS program is a federally funded program aimed at helping first generation, low-income students, or students with a disability succeed in college. Each year, usually 75% of incoming VTC students are eligible under one of these criteria.
If you think you qualify for the TRIO/SSS program, call 728-1396 to arrange for an interview and application.
The TRIO/SSS Program offers:
- Study skills assistance
- Individual help with reading and writing
- Career counseling and occupational information
- Transfer counseling
- Individual tutoring for most courses
- Cultural events and trips
- Workshops on personal and academic issues
- Personal counseling
- Emergency funds for single parent students and displaced homemakers