Student Affairs

The Student Affairs Staff

The Student Affairs Office oversees all aspects of Student Life and the discipline processes. Through the Resident Directors and student Resident Assistants, the Director of Residence Life ensures a quality of residence life consistent with the educational mission of the College by supervising the Residence Hall Staff and acting as a liaison to the Dean of Student Affairs, the Associate Dean of Outreach and Support and other offices.

The Resident Directors live in the apartments located in each residence hall and are the professional staff responsible for the general management and administration of their particular buildings. They serve as first line supervisors for the Resident Assistants, respond to emergency situations, and hold office hours on weekdays.

Resident Assistants (RAs) are student staff members who play a key role in developing a successful community on each floor. They act as a resource to students, an objective listener, a leader when activities or programs are planned, and an assistant to the Resident Director when safety issues arise. Resident Assistants will call floor meetings when students first arrive on campus and periodically throughout the semester to keep everyone informed about campus and hall issues.

Office Assistants are work-study student employees and are available at the hall desk to loan equipment and to assist the Resident Director during posted hours.

Residence Life
The Residence Life office manages all aspects of residence hall living. They handle all room assignments and room changes throughout the school year. If you have any questions or problems contact the Office of Student Affairs or your Resident Director or Resident Assistant.

Room and Board Contracts

Student room and board contracts cover their residence hall room and meal plan, and are legally binding for the academic year. Room and meal plan charges are effective from the opening of the residence halls at the start of each semester. The College reserves the right to change or cancel specific room assignments in the interest of health, discipline, security, energy conservation, or the general welfare of the students. In addition, the College may change or alter the living or recreational arrangements in the residence halls when deemed appropriate, impose disciplinary action for the violation of rules, and seek financial restitution for damage or loss of property.

  • Students are not allowed to remain in their rooms over vacations, or to return before scheduled break times are officially over. Returning early without authorization will result in a fine. Please refer to the vacation opening and closing schedule
  • Students are responsible for keeping assigned rooms and common areas in good condition. Damages to individual rooms are normally the shared responsibility of the students assigned to that room, unless one roommate takes full responsibility in writing. In common areas such as hallways and lounges, all residents of that floor or wing are held responsible for damages.
  • All students residing in Randolph Center residence halls are required to purchase a College meal plan. Vermont Technical College requires all students, on the Randolph Center campus, to live in the residence halls two years. Students wishing to  be released from their housing contracts must make a request  in writing to the Dean of Students.
  • To live in the residence halls, students must be enrolled in at least twelve credits, with a minimum of nine credits in classes and labs that meet in-person.

Room Assignments and Changes

Housing contracts are sent to all new students before the start of the school year. Returning students pay a $100 nonrefundable housing deposit, sign up for a room and complete a housing contract at room selection. Living with a roommate and working out differences is a positive learning experience; therefore, there is a room freeze for the first two weeks of each semester. No room changes will be approved until the freeze is lifted. All moves must be reviewed and approved by the Director of Residence Life. Students who change rooms without a formal clearance process are subject to fines.

If you reside in a double room and your roommate moves out you will have two weeks to find a new roommate or, if space allows, purchase your room as a single. The per semester single rate would be prorated, if the semester has begun. Residents who have selected to purchase their rooms as singles can remain in the single room for as long as space allows.

Single Rooms

As space permits, a certain number of single rooms may be offered each academic year. Single rooms carry an additional cost, and are located throughout campus. Student seeking a single room based on an accommodation should contact the Coordinator of Disability services. If a roommate moves out, leaving someone in a single, the student may get a new roommate or, space permitting, pay the extra fee to keep the single room.

Residence Hall Living

Vermont Tech and the Vermont State Colleges consider residence hall living to be a valuable opportunity with many academic and social benefits. The interactions and friendships gained through the residential experience are considered to be an integral part of student development.

In cases where this privilege is abused, especially when it interrupts others in their pursuit of academic goals, the College reserves the right to remove on-campus housing privileges and to impose area billing in cases where damage occurs. The Resident Director or the Director of Residence Life will initiate the necessary action.  Please review our list of recommended and prohibited items for your room.

Fire Safety

Prevention of hazardous conditions is the key to good fire safety, which is the reason for these policies. Fires in residence halls are one of the leading causes of death and injury to college students nationwide. Regulations regarding fire safety are based upon fire safety codes adopted by the state of Vermont and are enforced for your safety. With that in mind, please report any safety concerns to a Resident Assistant or Resident Director. Fire drills will be held periodically, typically near the start of each semester.

  •  Use fire exits during alarm or emergency only
  •  Do not prop open fire doors. Doing so can result in a $250 file for the individual. If the exact culprit cannot be determined, the entire floor may be held responsible.

When a Fire Alarm Sounds:

Leave the building immediately taking keys and clothing appropriate to the weather. It may be some time before you may re-enter the building. Only Public Safety or Residence Life staff can give permission to reenter a building after a fire alarm. This can only be done after they receive the all clear from the fire department.

All rooms are checked to make sure everyone has exited the building. Residents and their guest(s) who fail to exit the building are subject to a fine. Preventing someone from leaving a building during an emergency, or encouraging another person to ignore alarms, is not permitted and could result in disciplinary action. Fire drill evacuation plans and emergency procedures are posted near or on the back of all room doors in each residence hall; please become familiar with them

Improper Use of Fire Safety Equipment

Misuse of any fire safety systems endangers both life and property, is considered a serious offense and can lead to disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal. Specifically, abuse of or tampering with fire alarms, smoke detectors or extinguisher systems is strictly forbidden. Emergency exit doors are not to be blocked on either side by obstructions of any kind. Falsely pulling any alarm or intentionally setting off a smoke detector is illegal and may be punishable by fine or imprisonment. Hallway fire doors must be kept shut at all times.

Permitted Appliances

  • Hot air popcorn poppers
  • On/off switch or rheostat controlled hotpots and coffee makers
  • Refrigerators no larger than 2 cubic feet
  • UL approved power strips
  • Fans

Non-Permitted Appliances

  • Microwaves, toaster ovens, hot plates, crock pots
  • Extension cords
  • Air conditioners
  • Halogen lamps
  • Camp stoves/lanterns

Room Decorations

Please use common sense and do not put flammable materials in contact with heat sources such as lights, computers, etc. Nothing may be hung from the ceilings, fire safety equipment, or from conduits. Students, at the discretion of the Director of Facilities, may be required to take down storage arrangements or decorations deemed unsafe. For a detailed information regarding approved room decorations see VTC Policy T-307.

Candles and Other Flammable Items

Candles, incense, or other burning materials are not allowed in the residence halls. Candle warmers are also not permitted because of their heating element. Possession or use of flammable liquids or an explosive of any kind, including ammunition, is not permitted in College buildings. This includes motor parts and engines.

Room Occupancy Limits

Because of Vermont fire safety codes and regulations for the square footage of a residence life area, no more than six people are allowed in a standard double room at one time, regardless of whether the door is open or closed.

Residence Hall Common Spaces

Common areas, such as lounges and kitchens, are open to be used by everyone in the hall. To ensure that the amenities provided stay available to everyone equally, all furnishings (such as couches, chairs, and televisions) must remain in the lounge at all times. Additionally, it is the expectation that the lounge be cleaned and reset after each use. Residents may be held responsible for the cost of cleaning messes left behind. Common spaces are not to be used for storage of personal belongings.

Residence Hall Room Furniture

  • All fixed room furniture may not be disassembled/reorganized for any reason.
  • Lofts are not allowed including free standing units.
  • No item may be anchored to the wall, ceiling, or floor.
  • Nothing shall be attached to any electrical fixture, electrical conduit, sprinkler head, or sprinkler piping.

Securing Possessions

Despite the fact that most students are honest, every year there are some who take advantage of opportunities to steal from others. This is especially noticeable during the last two weeks of each semester. Please help us to keep your possessions safe by:

  • Locking your door whenever you leave your room, no matter how briefly.
  • If you have a car, keep it locked and don‘t leave valuables in it, especially in plain sight.
  • Have a list of your possessions with serial numbers.
  • Take pictures of your possessions.
  • Purchase renters insurance. The college is not responsible for the theft of personal property
  • Report missing items to Public Safety immediately.
  • Report suspicious activity or individuals.


Each residence hall is equipped with laundry machines. The machines operate on a card system and the main card dispenser can be found in the lobby of Morey Hall. No off campus students, visitors, or other guests should be using these machines for their own laundry. Laundry cards may be purchased for $5.00 at the main dispenser in Morey Hall.


All residence halls have mail facilities in their lobbies, and students are assigned a mailbox upon moving in at no charge. Students should check their mail weekly.  

The address for letters is:
Student‘s Name
Residence Hall
PO Box 500
Randolph Center, Vermont 05061 

All packages are handled at the bookstore.  The student is then e-mailed at their VTC e-mail address to pick up their package.  

For packages sent via USPS (United States Postal Service):
Vermont Technical College
Students's name
PO Box 500
Randolph Center, VT 05061

For packages sent via Fed Ex / UPS
Vermont Technical College
Student's name
124 Admin Drive
Randolph Center, VT 05061


There is one phone line in each room. Students must provide their own phone. Each room has an extension and a voice mail box assigned to it. It is the students' responsibility to set up and regularly check voice mail. Long distance calls may only be made by calling card. Cell phone reception for most carriers is good.

Hall Equipment

Each residence hall has an office stocked with equipment for your use. Board games, basketballs, snow shovels and vacuum cleaners are just some of the available items. You can check them out with the office assistant, Resident Assistant, or Resident Director in the office. Equipment should be returned in the same condition it was in when loaned. The last borrower of damaged or lost equipment will assume the cost of repair or replacement. If the item breaks due to normal wear and tear, return the item to your Resident Director.

College Bookstore

The Vermont Tech Bookstore, located in Judd Hall, is operated by Follett Higher Education Group. Available to students are textbooks, course-related and general supplies, reference books, software, Vermont Tech imprinted clothing and gifts, health and beauty aids, snacks, and beverages. We also have Gift Cards available. Gift wrapping is available upon request. Major credit cards are welcome. Vermont Tech Bookstore also handles all parcel shipping for the college. During the academic year hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., however, hours may vary. Please see the Bookstore for current hours.

At the Manager‘s discretion, and according to the following guidelines, the bookstore may accept the return of merchandise for exchange or return. Textbooks may be returned for refund within 7 business days from the start of classes, or within two days of purchase there-after; Students who drop a class may return textbooks within two weeks of the start of classes. Non-text merchandise may be returned for a refund or exchange within thirty days of purchase.

A receipt is required for any and all returns; any returned merchandise must be in original resalable condition; shrink-wrapped sets or packages may not be returned once they are opened.

Although the bookstore encourages students to wait until they are finished with their final exams to sell their books, they do buy back books every day of the year. The Bookstore will hold an official Buyback period the last week of classes and the week of Final Exams each semester. These are the best times to sell your books; however, the current market value is always available.

Residence Hall Policies

Living with others in a residence hall community takes patience, responsibility and consideration for others. It is important that each resident have an understanding of and appreciation for the rights and interests of others.

Privacy and Room Entry

The College recognizes and values students' right to privacy in their rooms and with their personal effects. There are times, as noted in the housing contract when authorized College representatives may, without specific consent, enter rooms unannounced. Rooms may be entered for the following reasons:

  • repairs and maintenance.
  • reasonable basis for legitimate concern about the health, welfare, or safety of anyone occupying the room.
  • reasonable basis to believe there is a violation of College policies, rules, or regulations, or of State or Federal laws. An inspection or search of closed spaces may occur for the same reasons.

Over breaks, scheduled safety inspections occur in each residence hall. Residence Life will notify students prior to such inspections, and offer guidelines as to what will be checked.

Guests and Visiting Hours

  • A guest is anyone who is not assigned to live in your room or suite. Guests who live on campus do not need to sign in with Residence Life staff. They are held to the same limitations and responsibilities as off-campus guests, however.
  • Guests who do not live on campus must be signed in with Residence Life staff by 11:00 PM, or they may be asked to leave and the host may face disciplinary sanctions.
  • If a guest is too intoxicated to drive, the host should notify the Resident Director on duty.
  • Guests under eighteen years of age must sign in by 9:00 PM, and the Resident Director on duty must receive permission from the guest's parent or guardian for him or her to stay.
  • Both the student and the guest must provide identification to the Resident Assistant on duty to sign in. The guest should also provide his or her license plate number to the Resident Assistant to avoid receiving a parking ticket. Failure to sign in a guest may result in lost guest privileges, fines, and possible housing probation.
  • All residents of a room must agree to allow the guest to stay; in some cases, the Resident Director on duty may ask for written permission from a roommate.
  • Residents are responsible for the conduct and whereabouts of their off-campus guests, and for any damage or fines incurred by a guest.
  • Guests are to abide by Vermont Tech policies while on campus; it is the responsibility of the host to inform his or her guest of those policies. Failure to do so could result in diminished or revoked guest privileges, as well as fines and further disciplinary action, depending on the nature of the offense.
  • No guest may stay on campus for more than three nights per seven-day week, and no guest who lives on campus may stay in another room more than three nights per seven-day week. Additionally, no student may sign in any guest more than three times per seven-day week. A student may have up to two guests at one time staying with him/her.
  • Children under the age of sixteen are prohibited from staying overnight in the residence halls, but are allowed to visit during daytime hours as long as they are with a parent or guardian.

Cohabitation Policy

Out of respect for the moral standards and individual rights of all students, the College does not condone cohabitation of residence hall students. At no time should a student cohabitate with anyone against the express discontent of his/her roommate(s).

If a student feels aggrieved against his or her room or suite mate(s) on this matter, he/she should first notify the roommate that the behavior is a problem. If it continues, he/she should contact a Resident Assistant or Resident Director to mediate and attempt to resolve the conflict. If mediation fails, the Dean of Student Affairs or their designee will be notified for further mediation or disciplinary action.


All room keys are issued from the office of the individual residence hall to which the student is assigned. If a room key is lost and has to be reissued, a charge of $50 is placed on the student‘s account. If the lost key is found and returned within five business days, a full credit is placed on the student‘s account.


Vermont Technical College residence halls do not have co-ed bathrooms. Residents are responsible for making sure their guests abide by this policy.


For health and safety reasons, the only pets allowed are aquarium fish. Each resident of a room may have a tank, up to 10 gallons each. No other pets are permitted in the residence halls at any time. Students seeking to have an accommodation to have an animal in the residence halls must contact the Coordinator of Disability Services. To view the full campus policy on pets and animals, including emotional support animals, click here.

Bicycle and Motorcycle Storage

Outdoor bicycle racks and designated parking areas for motorcycles are provided. Motorcycles are allowed only in the parking lots, not in the residence halls.

Commercial Activities and Solicitation

Students are not permitted to engage in commercial activities on campus except by approval of the Student Affairs Office. Personal and private items can be sold through the classifieds section of Blackboard, but be advised that selling items in direct competition with on-campus contracted services, Sodexo, Follett Book Stores, is prohibited.

Any organization or individual wishing to solicit funds or engage in the sale or promotion of services or products on College property must receive written permission from the Student Affairs Office.  Student Affairs reserves the right to deny any request or restrict any such activity to particular locations, times, and format.


Noise disturbances are serious disruptions of the academic environment. Audio and video equipment must be used so as not to disturb anyone. Yelling from windows is not allowed at any time. Campus-wide quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, and 1:00 am to 7:00 am on Friday and Saturday night.. Quiet hours during final exam periods will be posted.

Hall Sports

Hall sports are not permitted and include, but are not limited to, the following activities: rollerblading, skateboarding, floor hockey, hackey sack, Frisbee, water guns or balloons, nerf guns, soccer, golf, basketball, chair races, wrestling, and throwing of any object. This includes throwing objects between rooms, across the hall.

Food Services

Your dining experience is more than great food. It is community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh local ingredients, healthy options and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.

Our Sodexo Team at Vermont Tech is committed to creating the best possible dining experience. Join us to experience the comfort, convenience, outstanding and inviting atmosphere designed especially for you.

The Student Center has a large screen TV, comfortable seating, and a great view with seating outside, weather permitting and sells beverges, Grab and Go items, snacks, and quick meals. It offers the Vermont Tech community a place to meet, socialize, or study.

For answers to many common questions such meal plan rates, hours of operation for the dining hall, and nutrition facts please call (802) 728-1299.

Travel for Student Events

For an organized event, such as a class field trip or athletic event, students and employees must utilize the fleet vehicles owned by the college and/or secure a rental agreement through the college transportation coordinator. For a sponsored even, such as an optional club trip or conference with only students attending, they may elect to take their personal vehicle(s). However, this travel cannot be coordinated by the college.

At no time shall an employee of Vermont Technical College transport a student using their own vehicle or the vehicle of another employee, friend, etc. when conducting travel to an organized or sponsored event. Employees transporting students to a sponsored or organized event must utilize fleet vehicles owned by the college and/or secure a rental agreement through the college transportation coordinator.

Accident Reporting

In the case of an accident or mishap a call should be placed as soon as possible to the college travel coordinator and public safety any time of the day or night. These numbers shall be provided to individuals renting transportaiton or signing out college vehicles.


If the travel is for a club event the club president and advisor must complete the Request for Authorization form. Travel and related expenses such as, but not limited to, airfare, hotel rooms, and registration fees will not be paid for using college funds until this form is completed and returned to the Coordinator of Student Activities.

Student Athletics and Activities

Athletics, Intramurals and Recreation, Exercise Facilities and Clubs

Vermont Tech encourages students to be physically active as a means of improving physical fitness and health, reducing stress and contributing to good mental health. The College provides access to fitness activities in the following ways.


Everyone is encouraged to participate in the intramural program, regardless of his or her ability. Intramurals are open to Vermont Tech students, faculty, and staff. All sports and activities offered are coed. A full schedule and contact information are posted on the athletic website and will be publicized throughout the school year. You may also stop by SHAPE to speak with athletic director, Hillary Linehan or contact her by email at

Eligibility for Varsity Sports


  1. For a student to be eligible for any intercollegiate competition, a member institution must ensure that the student conforms to the following regulations:
  2. The student must be a graduate of an accredited high school or have earned a graduation equivalent degree (GED).
  3. All students must be enrolled in a recognized academic program and be making progress towards a 2/4 year degree at the attending college.
  4. All students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits at time of participation. If a student is enrolled in less than 12 credits, he/she will be considered part-time for eligibility purposes.
  5. Second semester students must have achieved a GPA of 1.6.
  6. After the first two semesters all students must pass 24 credit hours the previous academic school year. If there is a break in attendance the student athlete must pass 24 credit hours the two preceding terms of attendance.        


  1.  If a first-year student completes their first semester at an institution and leaves the following semester, upon the student’s return they may reestablish their eligibility by completing the necessary credits to reach 12 during a summer or interim period only.
  2. After accumulating 24-48 credit hours, the student must have achieved a 1.75 cumulative GPA.
  3. After accumulating more than 48 credit hours, the student must achieve a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
  4. Summer and inter-term credit hours can be used to satisfy the 12/24 credit hour rule and GPA requirement. Summer credit hours should be attached to the preceding spring term for eligibility purposes. Winter term credits should be attached to the fall first semester.


  1. Each student is limited to four seasons of college competition within the respective sport.
  2. If a student is not enrolled as full-time status for 12 consecutive calendar months, he/she may return to a USCAA member college and be immediately eligible. Upon matriculating to a USCAA member institution following a one-year leave of absence, student-athletes will adhere strictly to all USCAA guidelines, including normal progress requirements.
  3. A student who has not been identified with an institution during the first term does not become eligible to participate for second term until the first day of class.
  4. A student who has graduated from a two-year institution the preceding semester shall be immediately eligible to participate.
  5. Military exemptions will be granted to students whose careers are interrupted by service in the military.
  6. A student athlete in their final semester/quarter may be enrolled in less than 12 (semester) credits, if he/she is taking the credits necessary to complete graduation requirements.
  7. Students with a bachelor's degree are ineligible for athletic competition with the USCAA.

Student athletes may complete one of their four total years of eligibility as a graduate student, only if they are participating as a full time student at the institution for which they received their bachelor’s degree and seeking a second baccalaureate or equivalent degree under normal matriculation with no break in attendance at the same institution.

For further information, including the Student-Athlete handbook, please refer to the Athletics link on the college website.

Transfer Requirements

  1. If a student transferring to a member institution has ever participated in intercollegiate athletics, the student must have been academically and athletically eligible had he or she remained at that institution. If the transferring student is ineligible, they are required to complete one full academic year of residence at the certifying institution before being eligible to compete for the member institution. An academic year shall be completed when the student is enrolled in and completed a minimum of 24 credits (semester)
  2. Students transferring into USCAA member institutions during a two semester sport shall be eligible to participate immediately, provided that each institution's athletic director signs off on the transfer, and that the student was academically eligible at the institution from which he/she is transferring. The transferring athlete will abide by USCAA bylaws Section 24.6.3 which states that the student athlete is not eligible until the first day of classes.
  3. The USCAA does not require an institution to calculate the GPA of a student who has transferred to their institution.

SHAPE (Student Health and Physical Education)

Located on the Randolph Center campus, SHAPE has a six-lane, 25-yard heated indoor swimming pool, gymnasium with two basketball courts, two racquetball/squash courts, climbing wall, free weight room and exercise facility with a variety of strength and cardiovascular equipment and locker rooms for men and women. While all SHAPE programs are free of charge to Vermont Tech students with a current Vermont Tech ID, students are required to show their valid ID to the front desk attendant to gain access to SHAPE

Students must follow posted rules while using SHAPE, especially in the fitness center, such as putting weights away when finished, and refraining from dropping weights on the floor during exercise repetitions.

The SHAPE facility is also used by the local community who pay a membership fee. Please respect the rights and sensitivities of those members by using appropriate language and decorum., Guests must pay the daily fee to use the facility ($5 for the pool/basketball gym or $10 for the fitness center (weight/cardio room). There are several types of recreation/athletic equipment, available to check out free of charge. Items may be checked at the SHAPE front desk. If you are interested in using the gym for athletics, intramurals or recreation, be sure to check in advance with SHAPE staff to avoid schedule conflicts.

Ski Tow

The Vermont Tech ski tow is maintained and operated, weather and conditions permitting, on Sunset Hill near the College‘s farmstead. The slope is lighted for night skiing. Hours of operation are posted in SHAPE, distributed through email as well as at the ski shed on the slope. The tow is free to members of the College community. Individuals using this facility, or any other College facility, do so at their own risk. Only skiing and snowboarding are allowed.

Tennis Courts

There are two lighted tennis courts west of Morrill Hall for use by the College community.

Student Activities and Events

The Resident Directors and Resident Assistants, SHAPE, and the Student Activities Director all offer events, activities, trips and ticket sales to off campus events in order to make college life more fun. Look for semester schedules of activities posted around campus and in emails for awareness about upcoming events. For many off campus events tickets are needed, and ticket sales are often limited and typically sell out quickly


There are a variety of recreational opportunities available on campus and in the immediate Randolph area including: bowling at the Valley Bowl, golf at Montague Golf Club and ice skating/hockey at the Randolph rink. In addition, the VAST snowmobile trail runs through campus, and opportunities exist for fishing, canoeing and kayaking on the White River. Cycling, both road and mountain biking are also popular, as are snow shoeing and cross country skiing.

Clubs and Organizations and Student Council

There are a variety of clubs and organizations at the college which include sports clubs such as hockey, MMA, lacrosse, and rugby, professional organizations related to academic programs and other clubs based upon special interests like gaming, anime, outdoor activities and the like. For a full listing of current clubs and organizations go to

Student Council is the organization which oversees the distribution of Student Activity funds to clubs and organizations, campus events and programs and other appropriate areas. Student Council also represents students on college committees and the Vermont State College Student Association. For more information, please look for messages from Student Council on email or through Blackboard and Tech Talk or contact the Dean of Students.Student Affairs Office is open to any interested student.

Student Events Board works with the Coordinator of Student Activities to plan, advertise, and execute events on campus. Board members may choose to be general members or apply for specific duties such technical support or public relations. For more information, please look for messages from Student Council on email or through Blackboard and Tech Talk or contact the Student Affairs Office. Student Events Board is open to any interested student who is in good judicial standing with the college.


WVTC 90.7 FM is the official radio station of Vermont Technical College. Operating under the authority of VTC Policy 304, WVTC provides for interested students the ability to learn about radio broadcasting, DJing, and radio production.

College Vehicles

Maintenance oversees a fleet of vehicles for institutional use. For club activities, sporting events, RA programs, and school trips, reservations for these vehicles must be made with Karen Tetreault at campus extension 1264. Drivers must be 21, possess a Defensive Driving Certificate and be registered with Public Safety. Generally, students are not allowed to drive. A Vermont Tech faculty or staff member must accompany travelers in any Vermont Tech vehicle..