Academic Affairs

The Office of the Academic Dean, located on the second floor of Green Hall in room 215, is responsible for all issues related to academic programs, courses, classes, class scheduling, academic departments, faculty assignment and evaluations, student advising, grading, academic standings, graduation requirements and graduation standards.  The Academic Dean is responsible for overseeing the delivery of all courses offered for credit by Vermont Technical College, whether they are offered on or off-campus.

Each academic program or major is assigned to a specific department under the Academic Dean, and depending on the number of students in the program, a department will have a department chair or program director and additional faculty required to conduct and deliver the program.

Students who have concerns about faculty, class scheduling, advising, grading or other related issues that may be affecting their academic performance should first meet with their academic advisor to try to arrive at a resolution. If the advisor cannot help, students should meet with their department chair or director.  If after meeting with the advisor and the department chair or director the issues still cannot be resolved, the student should contact the Office of the Academic Dean.  Depending on the nature of the problem involved, students may meet with either the Academic Dean or the Associate Academic Dean to discuss possible solutions and outcomes.

For more information about academics affairs refer to the Academics section on the Vermont Tech web site at, the catalog at, or the My Vermont Tech tab on the VSC Portal at

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

All five Vermont State Colleges (VSC): Vermont Tech, Castleton State College, Johnson State College, Lyndon State College and the Community College of Vermont, use the same online academic database and share a common transcript. Students that share academic information with one college are sharing it with the entire VSC. The FERPA authorization form is a VSC-wide authorization.

The Family Rights and Privacy Act is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of student educational records. The law gives eligible students, those who have reached the age of 18, or the parents of students under the age of 18, certain rights with respect to their education records. Students have the right to inspect, review and request that the College correct educational records believed to be inaccurate or misleading. If parents/guardians claim a student as a dependent, they may have access to the student’s educational records without prior the student’s permission.

Generally, the College must have written permission prior to releasing any academic information from a student’s record. However, the law allows the College to disclose records without consent, for official school business.

Students must complete an online FERPA Authorization form in Web Services to provide parents or others with access to their academic records and to set up an access code for them to provide when seeking information either in person or on the phone.  This authorization does not include transcript requests, grade reports or enrollment verifications; these must be individually requested by the student. However, the law allows the college to disclose records without consent, to the following parties:

  • College employees who have a need to know;
  • Other schools to which the student is applying;
  • Certain government officials in order to carry out lawful functions;
  • Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student;
  • Parents of dependent eligible students;
  • Organizations conducting studies for the college;
  • Accrediting organizations;
  • Individuals who have obtained court orders or subpoenas;
  • Persons who need to know in cases of health and safety emergencies; and state and local authorities, within the justice system, pursuant to specific state law.

Students must complete an online form in Web Services that provides parents or others with access to their academic records and an access code for them to provide when seeking information either in person or on the phone. This permission does not include transcript requests or grade reports; these must be individually requested by the student.

Directory Information
The college may also disclose, without consent, “directory type information” that is considered not to be harmful to student/parent if released. The information considered by the college to be directory information is name, home and college address, telephone listing, email address, date of birth, major, enrollment status (full-time or part-time), enrollment level (undergraduate or graduate), dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, weight and height of athletic team members, photographs, most recent and previous educational institutions attended, and participation in officially recognized activities and sports. Parent information is not directory information.

Students have the right to withhold the release of any or all directory information, to do so a written request must be made at the Office of the Registrar.  It should be noted that if directory information is to be withheld, it will be withheld all parties.  A request to withhold directory information must be made as soon as possible after the start of term and will remain in effect until revoked by the eligible student.

For additional information, technical assistance or to file a complaint, you may contact the Family Policy Compliance Office at (202) 260-3887 or or

US Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202-4605

Public Access to Student Information
The College may NOT disclose personally identifiable information from education records unless the disclosure meets one or more of the requirements of B and C of this section.

“Personally Identifiable Information” (PII) includes but is not limited to the student’s name, address, student identification numbers, social security number, other personal identifiers, ethnicity, race, nationality, and gender; name and address of student’s parent or other family members; and a list of personal characteristics or other information that would make the student’s identity easily traceable.

The College may disclose Directory Information without prior written consent of the student.

  1. “Directory information” means information which would not generally be considered harmful to the student or an invasion of privacy, if disclosed. See Directory Information above under FERPA.
  2. Release of directory information is permitted but not required under FERPA. The decision to disclose directory information will be made at the discretion of the appropriate school official.
  3. Students may opt out of the release of all directory information by submitting a Request to Withhold Directory Information form. Upon receipt of this form, the College shall release no directory information to any third party without prior student consent except as may be otherwise permitted by law.

PII from education records may be released to the student and, under the following circumstances, to third parties:

  1. Where the student consents to the release by signing and dating a written statement of consent before disclosing protected information. The written consent must specify: the record(s) to be disclosed, the purpose of the disclosure, and the party or class of parties to whom the disclosure must be made.
  2. Where the disclosure is to school officials with legitimate educational interest. For the purposes of this section, “school officials” include persons employed by the VSC in an administrative, supervisory, academic, research, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel and health staff). “School officials” also include persons, companies or agencies with whom the VSC has contracted to provide services (i.e. attorney, auditor, collection agent, etc.), a person serving on the board of trustees, and a student serving on an official committee or assisting another school official in performing his or her own tasks. For the purposes of this section, “Legitimate Educational Interest” means: (a) the record or information requested is relevant and necessary to the accomplishment of some task or determination; (b) the task or determination is an employment responsibility for the inquirer or is properly assigned subject matter for the inquirer’s task or determination; and (c) the task or determination is consistent with the purpose for which the record or information is maintained.
  3. Where special circumstances are present including the following as well as any other circumstances permitted:
  • Upon request by officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll; b. To certain federal, state, or local education officials in connection with state or federally supported educational programs;
  • To authorized representatives of the Comptroller General of the United States, the Secretary of Education or State educational authorities, or authorized representatives of the Attorney General for law enforcement purposes;
  • To organizations conducting certain studies/research for or on behalf of the VSC;
  • To comply with a discipline order or a lawfully issued subpoena or IRS summons after making a reasonable effort to notify student in advance;
  • To appropriate parties in a health and/or safety emergency;
  • When a College has found, in the event of disciplinary proceedings against a student who is an alleged perpetrator of a violent crime (18 USC section 16) or non-forcible sex offense, that the student committed a violation of College rules or policies, the final results of such disciplinary proceedings may be released. However, the institution may only release the name of the student, violation committed, sanction imposed, and the name(s) of other student(s) involved, such as the victim or witness, but only with the prior written consent of the other student(s).
  • To the parents of a student under the age of 21 where the VSC has determined that the student has committed a disciplinary violation with respect to use or possession of alcohol or a controlled substance;
  • To the parents of dependent students, as defined in the Internal Revenue Code;
  • To accrediting organizations in order to conduct accrediting functions;
  • To an authorized representative of institutions from which a student has received financial aid or the student had applied for financial aid.
  • In accordance with the Solomon Act. Solomon requires institutions to provide specified information about individual students to representatives of the U.S. Department of Defense for military recruiting purposes unless the student has formally requested the school to withhold directory information from all third parties.

With the exception of the mandatory reporting of student recruiting information under the Solomon, disclosure without consent in these special circumstances is permitted but not required. The decision to disclose any information in these special circumstances will be made at the discretion of the appropriate school official.

The College shall maintain records of requests and disclosure of non-directory information under this section C3 above. The person or agency making a request for disclosure must submit a letter stating: the name of the student, name of the person making the request, the names of the parties to whom the information may be disclosed, the legitimate interest of the party making the request and the legitimate interest of the party who may receive the information. All requests for disclosure should be submitted to College Registrar.

Procedures to Amend Educational Records
Students have the right to ask to have record(s) corrected that they believe are inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of their privacy rights.

  1. A student must submit a written request to the College Registrar to amend a record. In so doing, the student should identify the part of the record she/he wants changed and specify why she/he believes it is inaccurate, misleading or in violation of his/her privacy rights.
  2. The College has the authority to accept or reject any requests. If the College decides not to comply, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise him/her of his/her right to a hearing to challenge the information believed to be inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of the student’s privacy rights.
  3. Upon request for a hearing, the College will arrange for a hearing and notify the student of the date, time, and place of the hearing.
  4. The hearing will be conducted by a hearing officer who is a disinterested party; however, the hearing officer may be an official of the College. The student shall be afforded a full and fair opportunity to present evidence relevant to the issues raised in the original request to amend his/her education record(s).
  5. The College will prepare a written decision based solely on the evidence presented at the hearing. The decision will include a summary of the evidence presented and the reason for the decision.
  6. If the College decides that the challenged information is not inaccurate, misleading, or in violation if his/her privacy rights, it will notify the student that she/he has a right to place in the record a statement commenting on the challenged information and/or a statement setting forth reasons for disagreeing with the decision.
  7. The statement will be maintained as part of the student’s education records as long as the contested portion is maintained.
  8. If the College decides that the information is inaccurate, misleading or in violation of his/her privacy rights, it will amend the record and notify the student, in writing, that the record has been amended.

Annual College Notification
Vermont Technical College provides this handbook notice to inform students of their rights under FERPA and requests each student update annually his or her FERPA General Release form during orientation to be kept on file in the Office of the Registrar.

The entire FERPA policy is available on the web under the VSC Public Information & Data under VSC Policy and planning, Policy 312 – FERPA.

Academic Honesty

Academic dishonesty includes but is not limited to: plagiarism; cheating and other forms of academic misconduct; misuse of academic resources or facilities; misuse of computer software and hardware, data, equipment or networks or misuse of electronic devices such as cell phones. Students caught in acts of academic dishonesty face serious consequences, up to and including dismissal from the College.

Classroom Regulations

Students in a classroom, lab, studio, work period or assembly are under the supervision of the instructor in charge and are expected to act in a respectful, civil and mature manner.  Students working in classrooms, labs or studios are responsible for the furniture and equipment within these areas whether during organized classes or while utilizing the facilities independently.  Food and beverages are not permitted and smoking is not allowed within any College buildings.

Students who violate these regulations may be subject to reprimand or disciplinary action.

Academic Advising

The academic advising system is designed to help students achieve a successful educational experience.  It presumes that students will take responsibility for their own educational outcomes based on sound guidance and support.  Students are assigned academic advisors specifically for their program or major and are encouraged to meet with him or her regularly to develop a relationship and level of understanding so that they can take advantage of their advisor’s experience and knowledge in the pursuit of their academic and career goals.

Due to the complexity and lab-intensive nature of most programs at Vermont Tech, the class schedule is optimized to allow matriculated, on-track, degree students to successfully complete their required course work in a regular term-by-term sequence.  Students that enter off-track, drop or fail required courses or do not take the regular program course load may take additional terms to complete their programs.  For undeclared students, it is important that their advisor understands their educational goals, whether that be to transfer to another college or to enter a specific degree program at a later time.  Undeclared students do not have priority over matriculated degree students for seating in “required courses”.

If a student feels that he or she needs to get a different advisor, contact should be made with the department chair or director, or go to the Office of the Registrar and complete a change of advisor form.  There is no stigma attached to changing advisors.  Either the Registrar or the department chair/director can coordinate the change to ensure that a new advisor can be assigned.  After changing advisors, it is important to meet with the new advisor to establish a relationship and communicate goals and expectations.

Office of the Registrar

The Registrar’s Office, Admin 111,, 802.728.1302, Fax 802.728.1597, is responsible for all student registrations, maintains all student academic records, transfer credit information, class schedules, academic standings, verifications of enrollment and graduation degree audits and issues transcripts.  Registrar forms are available online at are available on-line at and at the office for pre-registration, registration, add/drop, withdrawal, verification of enrollment, changing programs, changing location of program, changing of advisor, grade forgiveness, transcript requests, grade requests and graduation application.

If students change their name, address, phone or email, they should let the Registrar’s Office know.

Notice of Shared Information

Vermont Tech is part of the Vermont State Colleges (VSC), which includes Castleton State College, Lyndon State College, Johnson State College, Vermont Technical College and the Community College of Vermont.  The five colleges share one database and academic transcript.  Pertinent academic information is shared among the five colleges.

Vermont State Colleges Consortium Enrollment Agreement

Matriculated Vermont Tech students (except those enrolled in the LPN trimesters) may enroll simultaneously at Vermont Tech and any of the other Vermont State Colleges (Castleton, Lyndon, Johnson or the Community College of Vermont) and use their total VSC enrollment for billing and financial aid at Vermont Tech.

Vermont Tech students may also enroll solely other VSC schools and maintain their Vermont Tech financial aid, billing and program, this is called non-home school enrollment.  To do this, students must be matriculated at Vermont Tech and secure written permission in advance of their registration from their advisor, their department and the Office of the Registrar.

First Term Registration

Newly admitted students are automatically registered for a full-time class schedule based on their placement, prior credits and program requirements, unless they have indicated to Admissions that they want to be less than full time.   Registration takes place in the months just prior to the start of classes, after applicants have been accepted and paid their deposits.  Initial class schedules are tentative and may change up until the start of classes.  Class schedules are available on Web Services.  Hard copies of the official schedule may be available at the Office of the Registrar or site office during orientation.

Students that need to change their initial schedules may do so with their advisor during orientation and through the first week of classes.  Online registration, add and drop are only available during the preregistration periods and the first week of classes, and only when approved by the academic advisor.  All other class schedule changes are on preregistration forms or add/drop slips that must be returned to the Office of the Registrar.

Pre-Registration For Subsequent Terms

Returning students, for spring and subsequent terms, pre-register with the advice and consent of their academic advisor during pre-registration periods that are annotated on the academic calendar in the Vermont Tech catalog.

During pre-registration, students meet with their advisor and registration may be done on departmental preregistration forms or online.  After the pre-registration period ends, no online adjustments to the schedule may be made, so students who need to change their schedule may do so with add/drop slips and their advisor’s permission.  The online registration or add/drop will be on for the first week of classes every term.

Class Loads

Full-time status is 12 credits or above.  Over 19 credits is an overload.  There is additional tuition charge for an overload.  Students must have advisor and departmental approval to take an overload.  Registration cannot be done online and is done on an add/drop or pre-registration form.  Students on probation are not allowed to take an overload.  See the catalog for further restrictions.

Adding or Dropping Classes

The add/drop period is the first two weeks of class.  During the first week, students who have not been approved for online registration must have the advisor’s permission/signature on an Add/Drop form to add or drop.  The Office of the Registrar will process the forms.

After the first week, there is no online adding or dropping, so the Add/drop form is required.  Adding is at the discretion of the class instructor and both the instructor’s and the advisor’s permission/signatures are required on the form.   Forms are available at

A late fee is charged for the schedule changes after the first two weeks and “W” grades will be issued for dropped classes.  “W” grades do not calculate in GPA.  Tuition is not adjusted when classes are dropped after the second week of classes.  In order to have reimbursement for course reductions after the first two weeks, students must drop all classes and withdraw from the College.

After the first two weeks, a fee will be charged for the late schedule changed and “W” grades will be issued for dropped classes.  “W” grades do not calculate in GPA.  Tuition is not adjusted when classes are dropped.  In order to have reimbursement for a course reduction after the first two weeks, the student must drop all classes and withdraw from the College.

After the 60% point of the term, dropping with a “W” is not an option.  Whether the student attends or not, he/she will receive earned grades, usually “F” or “NP.

Withdrawals and Leaves of Absence

To withdraw or take a leave of absence once the term has started, a student must give written notification to Office of the Registrar or off-campus site office. A parent or guardian must approve requests made by minors.

A student who stops attending classes after add/drop who does not inform the college will be considered to have withdrawn after the 60% point of the term if the last date of an academic event cannot be determined.

Grades for students on approved withdrawals or leaves of absence will be in accordance with the guidelines specified in Dropping a Course in the college catalog except that for an approved leave of absence, the I or W grades may be used after the 60% point until the end of the leave of absence.

If the request is for a medical leave of absence, a letter from the student’s health practitioner is required. Students approved for a medical leave of absence based on a letter from their health practitioner must provide a time frame for their return to a normal class schedule. The student will also be required to provide another letter stating that they are medically fit to return to their studies.

For a leave of absence to be approved, it is expected that incomplete coursework can be satisfactorily completed upon a student’s return. For more information on medical leaves of absence, please review Policy T116 on Vermont Tech’s Portal.

If a student fails to return to school at the end of an approved leave of absence or if the student makes a written request to rescind the leave of absence, the withdrawal date will be the original date of the request for leave or the last date of an academic event, whichever is later.

College policy will be followed for students required by the college to take a mandatory leave of absence.

Failure to Attend Class

Students are expected to attend classes.  Failure to attend class or complete class work may lead to dismissal.  For this reason, it is important to ensure that add/drop slips are turned in and processed.

Students should check their “VSC Class Schedule” on Web Services to confirm classes that they drop are removed from their schedule.

In addition to being dismissed from classes, students may also be dismissed from the College with all failing grades for absenteeism or academic neglect.

Final Exam Schedule

The final exam schedule is posted each semester at

Academic Appeals Committee (AAC)

The committee is charged with considering written student appeals of either College or program dismissals due to poor academic performance.

  • Meets twice per year
  • Makes recommendations to grant or deny appeals to the Academic Dean
  • Only written appeals filed by the date cited in the dismissal letter will be considered.
  • Submission by email is acceptable  
  • Membership includes two full time tenured faculty, one full time tenure track faculty, two students in good academic standing who are in their second or subsequent year.  
  • AAC is chaired by the Associate Academic Dean who votes only in case of tie.

Any student who believes that he/she was dismissed according to VTC academic policies but has significant mitigating circumstances should submit written appeal to:
Vermont Technical College
Attn: Academic Appeals Committee, Rose Distel
PO Box 500
Randolph Center, VT 05061

The appeals will include:

  • Students full name, address and College ID number
  • A full explanation of the circumstances surrounding the appeal
  • The AAC will meet to and make a recommendation to the Academic Dean
  • The Academic Dean may discuss the appeal with the appropriate Department Chair
  • The Dean will make the final decision on the appeal and notify the student in writing
  • The Dean’s decision is final and not subject to further appeal

Grade Amelioration/Forgiveness of Grades

One time in an academic career, a student who is changing programs may, with the proper approval(s), have selected grades excluded from the calculation of his or her cumulative Grade Point Average in the new academic program. Grades may only be excluded for courses required in old programs that are not required in the new program or subsequent four-year programs for that degree program. All credits earned in courses excluded from the calculation are lost. This policy does not apply to electives or credits used for any diploma, certificate, or degree already awarded.

Students attempting to ameliorate grades must have at least one term of at least 6 credits of satisfactory academic progress (a term GPA of 2.00 or better) in the new program.

Summer Sessions

A few general education courses are typically offered during the summer based on student needs. The courses and dates for summer offerings will be available online by the end of the spring semester. Contact Student Affairs for information about on-campus housing during these sessions.


The VSC portal is the College's online center for all types of information.  New users activate their account at by clicking the Activate my account link on the VSC login page.   Students can also get their username or college ID by clicking on the links on the lower left of the page.

The portal is the College's online center for all types of information from class schedules and cancellations to ride boards and club activities and financial aid other information.

Each student enrolled will have a Vermont Tech email account and is expected it or forward mail to an account that they will check on a regular basis.

Web Services

Web Services is where students access their class schedules and final grades and a wide variety of other information using the following menus:

Student Academic Planning – has program evaluations/degree audits and graduation applications

Student Academic Profile – has the VSC class schedule, grades/warnings, transcripts, academic alerts/progress reports, test scores, my profile (program, advisor and contact info), FERPA authorization form and email advisor

Student Registration – Search for sections, register/drop sections.  Students must be approved by their advisor to do online registration, add or drop and it is only available during preregistration and first week of classes

Student Billing/Financials – Payments, bills, health forms and meal plans.  Bills are generated by the registration process that takes place during the months prior to the start of class.

Student Financial Aid – Documents, awards and statuses

The Moodle learning management system is used for online classes and as a resource center by instructors. The My Moodle Classes link in the center column on the portal only displays classes that have been activated by the instructor.
Search for Sections
Searching for sections or class offerings at any of the Vermont State Colleges is in Web Services under Student Registration and available without login at by clicking on Prospective Student.

Select a specific-college term and at least other piece of information such as a course subject (ENG), course number (1061), section number (T1), location (VTC for Main Campus offerings, TONL for online offerings, TWIL for Williston Campus offerings), or, select an Academic Level of “UG” to display all sections offered in that term and click submit.

Graduation Standards

All Vermont Technical College students are required to demonstrate competence in written and oral communication, information literacy, and quantitative reasoning prior to graduation.   These graduation standards are evaluated for competency at the associate and bachelor levels.    Students are required to pass each standard only once for their degree level while in the Vermont State Colleges.  Completion of each standard is reflected in the student program evaluation.  Students who have received a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution are waived from this requirement.

GS - Information Literacy

First semester degree students are automatically enrolled in GRS-0222 Information Literacy online.  In this zero credit online Blackboard course, the information literacy tutorial and evaluation can be completed.  After the first term, students who still need to complete information literacy can re-enroll in a subsequent GRS-0222.  Sections are offered every semester.

  • In the portal, in the – My Courses box, click on the T11FA: Information Literacy  link
  • In the Information Literacy course - GRS-0222
  • There is a tutorial and  practice quizzes– these are optional
  • To take the assessment choose ‘Take the Test’ from the menu
  • The scores will be officially reported to the Registrar at the end of the fall term
  • During the spring term, they will be reported bi-weekly after April 1st
  • The online evaluation is scored 1 through 28
  • To pass at the associate level, students must score at least  20
  • To pass at the bachelor level, students must score at least at least  25
  • Students can verify scores in the Portal by checking in My Grades
  • Email the instructor if you have questions
  • Students that do not achieve a satisfactory score for their degree level may re-take the evaluation  as many times as necessary
  • The GRS-0222 completions do not show on the degree audit until the end of the term

GS - Written Communication

The written communication standard is evaluated in the first-year English sequence and in the technical communication course.  Students must pass the evaluation at the associate level to pass the course.

  • The evaluation is graded 1 through 5
  • To pass at the associate level, students must score a minimum of   3
  • To pass at the bachelor level, students must score a minimum of   4
  • Students who have completed their English sequence and have not met the graduation standard may submit a research paper to the Department of English, Humanities and Social Sciences for evaluation as a challenge exam.

GS - Oral Communication

The oral communication standard is evaluated either in ENG-1070 Effective Speaking or in program courses in each major.  To pass at the associate level, students must pass the standard in a program course or pass ENG 1070.

  • The evaluation is graded 1 through 5, 3 required for AS level and 4 for the BS level
  • Associate degree students must score a minimum of 3
  • Bachelor degree students must score a minimum of 4
  • Students who have completed the required coursework in which the standards are assessed, but who have not met the standard at the required level, may take ENG-1070 or another course in which the assessment occurs, or may seek an opportunity to take a challenge exam by contacting the English department chairperson.

GS Quantitative Reasoning

The quantitative reasoning standard is evaluated in entry level mathematics courses for non-engineering programs and by placement exams and in the mathematics courses for engineering students.  Students must pass the evaluation at the associate level to pass the course in non-engineering mathematics courses.

  • Students who achieve placement level 4 (Tech Math) will have met the standard at the associate level
  • Students who achieve placement level 5 (Calculus) will have met the standard at the bachelor level
  • Students who complete the Tech math sequence will have met the bachelor level standard
  • The evaluation is graded 1 through 5
  • Associate degree students must score a minimum of  3
  • Bachelor degree students must score a minimum of   4
  • Bachelor students who have completed the required coursework in which the standards are assessed, but who have not met the standard at the bachelor level may take a departmental challenge exam.

GS Waivers, Challenges, Substitutions, Prior Completions and Transfer Credit

Students who have completed graduation standards at another VSC school, or are being awarded credit for course work in which the standard is an integral part of the learning outcome for that course, are waived from the graduation standard requirement at Vermont Tech.

Students that have received a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution are waived from graduation standard requirement.

  • If a student transfers in a course where a standard is evaluated and has achieved a B- or better in that course, the standard will have been met at the bachelor’s level.
  • If a student has completed the course requirements for a specific program without having satisfied the graduation standards, the student may contact the department chair or director to arrange for further evaluation.

GS Evaluation Records

The graduation evaluations will be maintained by the individual or party that performs the evaluation for a minimum of 3 years.  For faculty that complete the evaluation as part of a course, it is recommended that the evaluations and/or results be maintained with other course grading materials.

Completion of the graduation standards will be reflected in student degree audits and verified prior to graduation.   A degree awarded on the Vermont Technical College transcript since 2006 is verification that the standards for that level have been met.