Student Financial Services

Student Accounts Office

The Student Accounts Office is responsible for student billing accounts, the payment of all bills and the cashing of checks (up to $25 for personal check, no 3rd party checks). The Student Accounts Office is located in room 107 in the lobby of the Administrative Center. Counter service is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Summer counter hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.

Emergency Loan

Per VTC Policy 306, the purpose of the Emergency Student Loan Fund is to provide short-term financial assistance to students of Vermont Technical College who experience unforeseen "emergency" circumstances. The maximum a student may receive per semester is $100. The amount borrowed must be repaid within 30 days or it will be added to the student bill.

Student Accounts

Beginning June 1, the Student Accounts Office will turn our on-line billing system on for the start of the fall semester for your billing statement that includes tuition, fees, room & meals (if applicable). You will receive an email notification to your VTC email account in regards to your billing statement being posted, and are responsible to check your bill for accuracy and payment due dates.

You can make a parent/guardian or other, an Authorized User of your billing account, by signing them up as an Authorized User. Detailed information on setting up an Authorized user, billing, due dates, payment plans, etc. can be found at

Bills are posted twice a month on the VSC Bill Payment system, on/around the 1st & 15th of each month.

Bill Payment

There are two payment options for students:

  • Students can pay semester bills in full based on the due date guidelines found at
  • Students can sign up for a payment plan each term at the VSC Bill Payment System Parents/Guardians can also sign up once the student makes an Authorized User (see for set-up). The plan charges a $30 enrollment fee each term and offers a 6, 5, 4 or 3 month plan for the fall term and a 5, 4 and 3 for spring term only. The 6 month payment plan opens in June, the 5th in July, the 4th in August and the 3rd in September. Please see the Payment Plans section at for more other semester's payment plans.

Each option takes into consideration financial aid to be received. The student alone is responsible for his/her account and is expected to pay all bills on time. Students may be subject to suspension from class or dismissal from the college for financial delinquency. Financial delinquency includes failing to meet any payment agreement previously approved by the Student Accounts Office or failure to submit any paperwork required and requested by the Financial Aid Office in a timely manner. Students must fulfill all financial responsibilities to the College by the end of each semester. Students failing to do so will have College records and transcripts put on hold, and will not be permitted to register for subsequent semesters, or graduate, see Graduation Requirements in the College catalog. Communication is the key to keeping one's Vermont Tech student account in good standing. Student Accounts staff is available daily to discuss daily to discuss any unexpected changes in a students' financial situation and can be considerable help.

Credit Balances

Refund checks are processed on Tuesday's and distributed via US Mail, if a check, on Wednesday's Checks ARE NOT eligible for pick-up (NO EXCEPTIONS) and will be mailed to the address on file at the time checks are cut.

We encourage you to set up direct deposit to avoid checks being lost in the mail, and because usually within 48 hours from your refund being processed, your money is in your bank account. Sign up in the VSC Bill Payment system at you can only have one bank account for direct deposits.

Check Cashing

Students may cash personal checks (not 3rd party), up to $25, payable to Vermont Tech with your College Student ID, at the Student Accounts Office.  There is a $25 service charge for returned checks and no future checks will be cashed.

Financial Aid Office

Assistance and Counseling

Financial aid information and counseling are available at the Financial Aid Office, Administrative Center 110. The staff is ready to assist you and your family with questions concerning the application process, types of aid available, scholarship criteria and college work study opportunities, as well as other general concerns. Stop by the Financial Aid Job Fair table during fall registration to learn about work study positions, from office jobs to positions with maintenance, Public Safety, or the farm. The Financial Aid Office may also help you find a community service position at a nonprofit agency or an America Reads position at a local elementary school. If you or your family’s financial situation has recently been affected by extenuating circumstances such as unemployment, a death in the family, divorce, or excessive medical expenses not covered by insurance, you may write to the Financial Aid Office about your situation. Your file will be reviewed, and adjustments may be made depending on the circumstances.   

The Financial Aid website is also a convenient resource for researching financial aid information including work study information and scholarships.  Most scholarships have an application deadline of March 15, so apply early. The main database for scholarships can be found here.

All financial aid awards are estimated. Your financial aid award may change if:

  • The information you provided on the FAFSA changes.
  • Your enrollment status changes. Full-time=12-18 credits; 3/4 time=9-11 credits; 1/2 time=6-8 credits.
  • Your housing status changes (living on campus/off campus/with parents).
  • Outside sources of aid exceed your calculated financial need.
  • You withdraw.

Office Hours and Location

During the academic year, the Financial Aid Office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Summer hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Financial Aid Office is located on the south end of the Administrative Center. For the answers to the most frequently asked financial aid questions, please visit

You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress if you are receiving Federal Student Aid. Please refer to the catalog for details regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress.