College life is always challenging. At Vermont Tech, classes and programs can be demanding. We are here to help each student meet his/her individual challenges with college academics and college life.
The Center for Academic Success can help with:
- Non-academic skills that are necessary for academic success, such as study skills, stress, and time management
- Social adjustment to college life
- Financial literacy and financial issues
Our services are free of charge to all Vermont Tech students on every campus via in-person meetings, Zoom, email, or telephone.
Services we offer:
- Academic tutoring for most classes, available at all campuses for most subjects, one hour per week per subject.
- Counseling for those personal issues that get in the way of your academic success.
- Help with accessing accommodations for learning differences and disabilities.
- Assistance with study skills, time management, and stress management
- Career planning and transfer services
- Assistive technology resources
In addition, the Center for Academic Success has been awarded a Federal TRIO Grant to provide additional assistance to students who are first-generation college students, students with disabilities and/or students with a median family income.
The TRIO grant helps us provide all the services above, plus, through TRIO we:
- Award yearly TRIO Opportunity Grants
- Administer the learning style inventory to maximize your student skills: study smarter rather than more
- Provide financial literacy assistance and information for the college years and beyond
- Provide transfer assistance to continue your degree
- Provide resume assistance for internships and post-degree employment