May 21, 2021
Effective immediately: Vermont Technical College adopts and will follow the current guidance written in the Safe and Healthy Return to Campus-Mandatory Guidance for Colleges and University Campus Learning, (updated May 18, 2020, effective May 18, 2020 and Expires July 4, 2020)
Here are the important updates:
- Unvaccinated Students arriving on campus for residential summer programming must have proof of negative test results taken within 3 days prior to arrival on campus.
- All students, faculty and staff must conduct a health screening prior to or upon campus arrival. This screening no longer needs to uploaded in Castle Branch or VTC self-attestation form.
- If you have even mild symptoms you are encouraged to contact your health care provider to get tested for COVID-19. Stay home and away from other people while you wait for your results. Symptoms include: Fever (100.4 F or higher), cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Chills, Fatigue, Muscle pain or aches, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, and/or Diarrhea.
- No symptomatic or COVID-19 positive students or employees are allowed on site. Unvaccinated students and employees who have not had COVID-19 in the past 90 days and have had close contact for more than 15 minutes with any person who is diagnosed with COVID-19 are required to quarantine for 14 days or for 7 days prior to obtaining a COVID-19 test with negative results.
- Vermont Tech may choose to implement surveillance testing for unvaccinated students and faculty. Students and faculty who are fully vaccinated or who have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days, who display no symptoms associated with COVID-19, should not be included in the testing protocol.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn indoors by all unvaccinated faculty, staff, students and visitors when in the presence of others and in public. When outdoors, and more than six feet apart from one another, masks are not required, but discretion must be exercised, and masks should be carried on the person in the event circumstances warrant their use.
- Distancing of 6 feet for unvaccinated students, faculty, and staff should be observed whenever possible and unvaccinated individuals should avoid prolonged close contact with others.
Important note: Allied Health programs may continue with daily health screenings and clinical sites may have additional masking and distancing requirements regardless of vaccination status.