Home » About Vermont Tech » Health and Safety
Health and Safety
|Vermont Tech is proud of our commitment to the health and safety of the members of our community. Be it the wide variety of fitness and wellness programs at our SHAPE facility, health services and health education, our student run First Responders group or our Public Safety department's commitment to providing a safe and secure learning and living environment, we strive to make our community one which works together for the benefit of all. We encourage all members of our community to become active participants!|
To learn more about our Public Safety department, please visit our Public Safety page. You can also view our Crime Awareness and Campus Security (Clery) Act statistics.
In addition to our campus Health Center, we maintain a close relationship with the following community organizations:
Below are listed a number of web sites that you may find helpful on a variety of health related issues. These were selected by a Vermont Tech student based upon her research.
- A website with information about prescription drug abuse. It explains why drugs shouldn't be used, how dangerous they can be without doctor permission, and lists situations in which students might start abusing prescription drugs.
- Information for students interested in HIV/STD testing, birth control, or gay/lesbian rights.
- Information about sleep disorders and mental/emotional health.
- Help with diagnosing and treating eating disorders.
- A good resource for advice about bullying for both parents and students.
- Offers numbers of hotlines to call if you have been sexually assaulted and what actions to take afterward.
- Sexual assault facts and education website.
- Facts about STDs, treatment information, who to contact, and current events concerning STDs.
- Information about depression, as well as help and support.
- How to deal with teen alcohol abuse and peer pressure.
- These two websites are resources for information about mono including symptoms, treatment, and how to cope.