Let’s get started!
Here are the steps you need to complete to apply for financial aid.
- Obtain your FSA ID and a separate one for a parent to e-sign the FAFSA
- Apply online at opens in a new windowhttps://fafsa.ed.gov
- Once your data has been submitted, the Department of Education will forward the information electronically to all schools you authorize to receive your information.
- You will receive an email from the Department of Education containing a link to your processed FAFSA, aka the Student Aid Report.
- If you completed your FAFSA with estimated income, return to opens in a new windowhttps://fafsa.ed.gov, to update your FAFSA with actual tax data using the IRS data retrieval tool (DRT).
- The priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA at Vermont Tech is March 1st.
- Applying by our priority deadline ensures that you will be considered for all forms of federal aid.
- Late applications are subject to the availability of funds.
- If you are a returning student, you will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education reminding you to complete a renewal FAFSA.
- If you have any questions, contact Financial Aid at 800-965-8790.