Vermont Technical College will join with Castleton University and Northern Vermont University to become Vermont State University on July 1, 2023.
Learn more about financial aid at Vermont State.
Steps you need to complete to apply for financial aid.
- Obtain your FSA ID and a separate one for a parent to e-sign the FAFSA
- Apply online at www.studentaid.gov
- Once your data has been submitted, the Department of Education will forward the information electronically to all schools you authorize to receive your information.
- You will receive an email from the Department of Education containing a link to your processed FAFSA, aka the Student Aid Report.
- If you completed your FAFSA with estimated income, return to www.studentaid.gov, to update your FAFSA with actual tax data using the IRS data retrieval tool (DRT).
- The priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA at Vermont Tech is March 1st.
- Applying by our priority deadline ensures that you will be considered for all forms of federal aid.
- Late applications are subject to the availability of funds.
- If you are a returning student, you will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education reminding you to complete a renewal FAFSA.
- If you have any questions, contact Financial Aid at 800-965-8790.