Here are some frequently asked questions about applying to Vermont Tech's nursing programs for applicants who already have an associate degree and are Registered Nurses.
- Who can apply to the Bachelor of Science Degree Nursing (BSN) program?
- What is the application deadline?
- When is the program offered?
- What are the application requirements?
- Are there specific pre-requisites required?
- Are there additional courses that can be taken in advance of starting the program?
- What GPA do I need to be considered for entry into the program?
- How is the program delivered?
- Do I need to be in class at certain times?
- Can I attend part-time?
- How long do I have to finish the program?
- Who can advise me?
Applicants must be Registered Nurses with an associate degree in nursing.
Applications for the BSN program are reviewed on a rolling basis, so you may apply at any time.
Applications are accepted for fall, spring and summer terms.
- Completed Vermont Tech application or Common App
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges previously attended, whether seeking transfer credit or not
- Two letters of recommendation. Please read our Guidelines for Recommenders and share with your recommenders. You will be prompted to enter in the names of your recommenders when completing the application.
- Personal essay or writing sample.
Applicants must have completed, or will complete, the following courses or their equivalent:
- BIO 2011 Anatomy & Physiology part I
- BIO 2012 Anatomy & Physiology part II
- PSY 1050 Human Growth & Development
- BIO 1030 Nutrition
- MAT 1040 Math for Allied Health
- ENG 1060/61 English Composition
- PSY 1010 Intro to Psychology
- BIO 2120 Elements of Microbiology
Applicants must also have an unencumbered, active license as a Registered Nurse within the United States.
We encourage you to have a conversation with us regarding transferability of credits. Generally, any courses that are not nursing specific can be taken elsewhere and transferred to VTC provided they meet content, credit hour and GPA requirements.
Completion of Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited program with a minimum nursing program GPA of 2.5.
Our BSN program is offered entirely online with local precepted experiences.
You will need to complete assignments by the required deadlines, however you do not need to be “in class” or at your computer on any particular day or time. Please note there are several project-based courses that require your participation in your local community.
Yes! Most of our students attend part-time.
Although the curriculum is laid out for a two-year completion, you may tailor the program to meet your needs, as long as all courses are completed within six years.
We strongly encourage you to contact Admissions at Vermont Tech for program or transfer related questions. Things can and do change yearly. Every year, applicants are misinformed by non-Vermont Tech personnel. Don’t be one of them!
Once you have reviewed our Frequently Asked Questions, we encourage you to reach out to us if you need more information. Although it’s not required, we can arrange for one of our Admissions Counselors to answer your questions. We also recommend you attend an info session or Open House to get more information.