The Vermont Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) is an independent, accredited high school exclusively for motivated high school seniors.
As a VAST student, you’ll participate in an accelerated program that allows you to complete your high school degree while taking a full year of college-level classes at Vermont Tech.
VAST graduates can apply to Vermont Tech as sophomores or may transfer their earned college credits to another institution. And Vermont residents may attend VAST at no cost!
- Please note: May 1 is the priority deadline for VAST applications, after which we admit on a rolling basis. If you are applying to Dental Hygiene, we recommend completing your application by December 1.
- VAST applicants are ineligible to select certain majors including Practical Nursing, Radiologic Science and Veterinary Technology due to age and clinical requirements. We are happy to work with VAST students to ensure they take appropriate coursework to prepare them for entry into one of these majors for their second year. Admission is not guaranteed.
- Completed Vermont Tech Application or Common Application
- $50 application fee
- Official high school transcript (or equivalent) with first semester junior grades. We look for a successful academic record in math and science and we prefer an overall academic average of at least 85
- PSAT, SAT I, or ACT results. The following score ranges are recommended:
o PSAT scores of at least 1150
o SAT scores of 530-580 in each section
o ACT scores of 21 for each sub-score
- Accuplacer scores (college-administered placement test)
- Two letters of recommendation (one letter required from school counselor or principal)
- A separate essay discussing the following:
o Why are you applying to the Academy?
o What are your academic and career goals?
o How do you think attending the Academy will assist you to reach these goals?
o How will you contribute to the Vermont Tech community?
After all of the supporting documents have been received, your application will be reviewed. All admitted applicants will be required to attend a VAST information session with a parent or guardian.