As a transfer applicant, you have already completed college-level coursework at another college or university, and you appreciate the benefits of higher education. We think you’ll like it here.
COVID-19: In an effort to accommodate applicants, Vermont Tech will waive the $50 application fee for any applicants impacted by COVID-19. Please email Admissions for your waiver code.
Transfer students are a large and thriving part of Vermont Tech, and we are ready to help you navigate the process of joining our community. Our admissions staff is accustomed to sorting out transfer issues and concerns, so if you have a question, please let us know.
As a transfer applicant, you need to submit the following items:
- Completed Vermont Tech Application or Common Application
- $50 application fee
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges previously attended, whether seeking transfer credit or not.
- Official transcript(s) from any other Vermont State College attended prior to the 2002 summer term
- For applicants with fewer than 18 college credits, please provide official high school transcript or official scores from a high school equivalency exam (GED). We encourage health major applicants to submit high school transcripts, regardless of college credits attained, if you have satisfied the science requirement at the high school level.
- Unofficial transcripts may be used to make an initial admission decision for all majors except nursing
- Personal Essay (250-500 words; discuss your motivation for pursuing a college degree at Vermont Tech, or write about a topic of your choice)
Please note: If you are applying for one of our Healthcare programs, there are a few additional application requirements.