Vermont Technical College will join with Castleton University and Northern Vermont University to become Vermont State University on July 1, 2023.
Learn more about applying at Vermont State.
Spring 2023 Application Instructions for Readmission
You may apply for readmission or reactivation at Vermont Tech if you are:
- A previously matriculated student (within the last 3 years) who has not attended Vermont Tech for more than two semesters should apply for readmission. Students who had an absence of two semesters or less, and did not attend another college or university during that absence, do not need to reapply.
- A previously matriculated student who left while on probation or was academically dismissed within the last 3 years
- Any previously matriculated student for Associate Degree or Practical Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Radiologic Science, Respiratory Therapy and Vet Tech must apply for readmission after any absence from the program
- An applicant within the last 2 years who did not matriculate (you may reactivate the application we have on file, updated supporting documents may be requested)
To apply for reactivation/readmission, please complete the Spring 2023 Readmission Application. Please note that completion of the form does not guarantee admission to Vermont Tech. In addition, please note the following special instructions:
- If you are applying to re-enter a Practical Nursing program one year after your original matriculation, you must perform a demonstration of all skills learned in the appropriate labs/clinical courses from the year before. This must be done prior to re-entry. If a student is unable to perform these skills satisfactorily, he or she will not be readmitted to the program. Students who have been out of the program for more than a year must repeat all nursing Principles & Practices courses in the program.
- If you are applying to re-enter the Respiratory Therapy program after one semester off, you must perform a demonstration of all skills learned in the appropriate labs/clinical courses from the year before. This must be done prior to re-entry. If a student is unable to perform these skills satisfactorily, he or she will not be readmitted to the program. Students who have been out of the program for more than a semester must repeat all RSP courses in the program.
Please contact the Admissions Office for more information and to determine your eligibility for re-entry to the Practical Nursing or Respiratory Therapy programs. * If you attended Vermont Tech within the last year, you do not need to apply for Readmission. You may contact your advisor and/or the Registrar’s office to be re-enrolled.