CARES Act Student Emergency Aid Application Criteria and Process
The CARES Act funding covers expenses related to the disruption of normal Institution operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Students must submit an application. Once submitted, applications will be processes by the Vermont Tech Office of Financial Aid.
- Must be enrolled in the semester for which the student is requesting aid.
- Must be a degree-seeking student–Undergraduate, Graduate.
- Must be eligible to receive Title IV aid; see Title IV Eligibility Criteria (Basic Eligibility Criteria for Federal Student Aid).
- Enrollment was impacted by COVID-19 and have expenses incurred for housing, food, course materials, technology, healthcare, or childcare.
- Must have submitted 2019-2020 FAFSA if applying for Spring 2020 or Summer 2020;
- Students enrolled in these fully online programs prior to March 13th ARE NOT eligible to apply based on Department of Education Guidelines: BS Applied Business Management, BS Dental Hygiene On-line, or BS Nursing.
- You will be notified via your Vermont Tech email of application process
Award Amounts and Disbursement:
- Minimum award is set at $300
- Awards are based on Federal Guidelines