- Type of Degree: Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Location: Williston Campus, Randolph Center Campus
- Credit Requirements: 120
Do you want to be your own boss? We want to help you convert your ideas or technical skills into a business enterprise of your own. More people than ever want to work for themselves. Our Entrepreneurship program will make sure you’re prepared to be your own boss, and manage others as well. The curriculum is designed to help you prepare for the financial, legal, and social opportunities that come with starting and growing your own business.
Our Bachelor’s program gives you more experience and hands-on learning, building on the associate degree.
Vermont Tech’s Entrepreneurship curriculum is designed to help the emerging entrepreneur harness unique opportunities, ignite change, and build a successful business. You will learn about transforming ideas into enterprises that add value to the customers and the owner. You will be trained in the skills needed to innovate, create, and develop business plans, raise capital, and manage a small business and its employees.
In addition to the student outcomes included in the entrepreneurship associate program, a student with a Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship will be able to:
- Understand the accounting cycle on an accrual and cash basis
- Interpret financial statements and prepare budgets
- Apply financial information to broad-based business decision making
- Develop and deliver an effective oral team presentation on a strategic business topic
- Understand the structure and function of human behavior in organizations and how behavioral influences impact productivity, organizational effectiveness, and efficiency at the individual, small group, and organizational levels
- Develop marketing strategies to satisfy specific target audiences and create a marketing mix using the 4 Ps: product, price, place, and promotion
- Apply and integrate marketing concepts with other business disciplines to affect business strategy
- Perform human resources functions in the areas of selecting, training, and evaluating personnel
- Identify best practices in employee training, development, appraisal, and rewards
- Understand the basic operations, tools, and production functions of an organization involved in the efficient and effective production and delivery of goods and services
- Understand the genesis of project, program, and portfolio management
- Use the tools and techniques involved in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing projects
- Integrate the disciplines of management, human resources, marketing, and finance to develop and affect corporate strategies and plans
The student, in conjunction with the Department Chair, may develop a sequence of courses to best meet their background and needs that still satisfies the degree requirements. A typical curriculum is shown here.
- Scholarships: While there are no program-specific scholarships available at this time, additional scholarships are available.
Careers in Entrepreneurship
THAT TRANSLATES INTO
NEW ENTREPRENEURS IN 2016
THAT TRANSLATES INTO
NEW ENTREPRENEURS IN 2016
Rate of New Entrepreneurs 2016 compared to 2015. Source: Kauffman Index 2017.
Entrepreneurs Predict Increased Profits. Source GEI, September 2017.
- Bicycle Express VT Cuttin' It Close Landscaping
- Filabot Misty Knoll Farm
- Noodle Station/Swirl & Pearl
Student StoriesMelaney MacKay
- I work 40 hours a week at a bank and take six classes.
- I am pushing myself to always make the Dean’s List.
- I look forward to earning my degree.
Student StoriesSarah Day
- I am pursuing my second degree at Vermont Tech.
- I am a mom.
- I am enjoying study abroad opportunities in Italy and Greece.
Student StoriesKara Bazile
- My professors know me by name
- I am a student leader
- I am a peer mentor to other students
- Started the Multicultural Club at Vermont Tech
Student StoriesCourtney Banach
- I am incredibly happy with my choice.
- Vermont Tech’s Ag program is like one big family.
- I get lots of experience at the farm and in the classroom.
Student StoriesEmma Saucier
- I work in the Student Affairs Office.
- I plan on enrolling in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology bachelor’s degree program next year.
- I want to figure out a way to give back to the manufacturing community after I earn my degree.
Student StoriesJamie Heiam
- I’m hooked on flying
- I can rebuild a damaged airplane
- I attended the Women in Aviation Conference
- I can’t wait to join the U.S. Forest Service
Student StoriesJenny Yang
- I’m a TRIO mentor and tour guide.
- I’m pursuing my dream career.
- I’m doing this all on my own, but feel supported at school.
- I’m excited to be getting into my field quickly.
Student StoriesSadie Conroy
- I enjoy activities on campus, such as bowling, go-carting, and apple picking.
- I am so pleased I chose the Vermont Tech Dental Hygiene Program.
- As a student, I’ve learned how to prioritize my time and learn new study habits.
News & Events
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.