Electrical Engineering Technology (BS)
- Type of Degree: Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Location: Williston Campus
- Program Accreditation: Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Credit Requirements: 123
Systems as different as computers, cell phones, smart grids, and wind turbines all employ similar tech. With a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, you will understand the concepts behind these systems and many others. Our labs have the instruments, power supplies, and controllers used widely in the industry.
Engineering technicians work in research, development, design, production, or manufacturing of complex electrical, electronic, or electromechanical products. Testing, quality control, marketing, installation, and customer service are among the jobs available. With a bachelor’s degree, you will be able to take on the role of Engineer or Senior Technician in the design and manufacture of complex systems. Grads work in renewable energy, chip production and design, aviation, and many other fields.
The ABET-ETAC program educational objectives and student outcomes are listed on the Curriculum page.
In addition to all of the Program Educational Objectives included in the associate program, the educational objectives for graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology program include:
- Analyzing, designing, and implementing electrical and electronic systems and products
- Applying project management techniques to electrical/electronic systems
- Demonstrating creativity in the design of systems, components, or processes by researching and developing multiple solutions to problems and using a variety of tools and techniques in their work
The Student Outcomes are for a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology to be able to:
- Select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of electrical engineering technology to broadly defined engineering technology activities
- Select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to electrical engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies
- Conduct standard tests and measurements; conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and apply experimental results to improve processes
- Design systems, components, or processes for broadly defined engineering technology problems appropriate to Electrical Engineering Technology educational objectives
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a technical team
- Identify, analyze, and solve broadly defined engineering technology problems
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments and identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Understand the need for and engage in self-directed continuing professional development
- Understand and commit to addressing professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context
- Commit to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Careers in Electrical Engineering
2016 Median Pay (Electrical & Electronics Engineers) vs. National Median for All occupations (2016), Source: BLS
- IBM GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
- UTC Aerospace Systems Nanya Technology Corporation
- Hallam-ICS Husky Injection Molding
- Catamount Research & Development
- Instrumart Benoit Electric
- Schiring Radiographic Imaging US. Army
- Optical Test & Fault Isolation Engineering Technician
- ESD Lab Technician Maintenance Technician
- Equipment Technician Physical Design Engineer
- Instrument Technician Electrical Engineer Technician
- Application Engineer Operator
- I have enjoyed Vermont Tech’s small size and helpful faculty.
- My tuition money won’t go to waste.
- I’ll make a high salary as an electrical engineer.
- Engineering is a good fit; it keeps me busy.
- Luckily for me, engineering pays well.
- With a Vermont Tech degree, my tuition will pay off.
News & Events
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.