Electrical Engineering Technology (AE)
- Type of Degree: Associate of Engineering (AE)
- Location: Williston Campus, Randolph Center Campus
- Program Accreditation: Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Credit Requirements: 64
Systems as different as computers, cell phones, smart grids, and wind turbines all employ similar tech. With a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology you will understand the concepts behind these systems and many others. Our labs have the instruments, power supplies, and controllers used widely in the industry.
Engineering technicians are an important piece of the puzzle. They work in research, development, design, production, or manufacturing of complex electrical, electronic, or electromechanical products. Testing, quality control, marketing, installation, and customer service are among the jobs available.
Like a challenge? Classes are scheduled for students to get a dual major in Computer Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology. With a two-year associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, you can go the extra mile by pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or Business Technology & Management.
The ABET-ETAC program educational objectives and student outcomes are listed on the Curriculum page.
The Program Educational Objectives for graduates of the Associate of Engineering in Electrical Engineering Technology program include:
- Having the capability to be immediately employable and productive in the workplace
- Possessing qualifications for positions of responsibility based on knowledge of necessary skills
- Demonstrating knowledgeable in both theory and application
- Engaging in lifelong learning and adapting to new and emerging technologies
- Continuing their formal education
The Student Outcomes are for a graduate with an Associate of Engineering in Electrical Engineering Technology to be able to:
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of Electrical Engineering Technology to narrowly defined engineering technology activities
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to electrical engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge
- Conduct standard tests and measurements and conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments related to electrical engineering technology
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team
- Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined engineering technology problems
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments and identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Understand the need for and engage in self-directed continuing professional development
- Understand and commit to addressing professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity
- Commit to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
News & Events
- I have enjoyed Vermont Tech’s small size and helpful faculty.
- My tuition money won’t go to waste.
- I’ll make a high salary as an electrical engineer.
- I work in the Student Affairs Office.
- I plan on enrolling in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology bachelor’s degree program next year.
- I want to figure out a way to give back to the manufacturing community after I earn my degree.
- I’m hooked on flying
- I can rebuild a damaged airplane
- I attended the Women in Aviation Conference
- I can’t wait to join the U.S. Forest Service
- I’m a TRIO mentor and tour guide.
- I’m pursuing my dream career.
- I’m doing this all on my own, but feel supported at school.
- I’m excited to be getting into my field quickly.
- My professors know me by name
- I am a student leader
- I am a peer mentor to other students
- Started the Multicultural Club at Vermont Tech
- I enjoy activities on campus, such as bowling, go-carting, and apple picking.
- I am so pleased I chose the Vermont Tech Dental Hygiene Program.
- As a student, I’ve learned how to prioritize my time and learn new study habits.
- I am pursuing my second degree at Vermont Tech.
- I am a mom.
- I am enjoying study abroad opportunities in Italy and Greece.
Deema AL Namee
- I've lived on campus the whole time
- Vermont is a great place to live
- Currently going for a second degree
Education & Career Opportunities
Percent Job and Advanced Education Placement Rate in Electrical Engineering Technology
Vermont Tech Electrical Engineering Technology student outcomes are strong. The class of 2016 had a 100% job and advanced placement rate within six months of graduation. Many students have internships while they’re in college that lead to full-time employment after graduation.
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.