Computer Software Engineering (MS)
- Type of Degree: Master of Science (MS)
- Location: Williston Campus
- Credit Requirements: 31
Software companies in and around the U.S. are facing a challenge. They can’t find enough senior developers to fill jobs. With the Master of Science in Software Engineering, you will be able to take on that coveted senior role in a software development group and lead your team to success while earning high wages. Nationally, a master’s degree adds $10,000 or more to a developer’s annual income compared to those with a bachelor’s degree alone.
The program is adaptable for many: those already in the industry; Vermont Tech Software Engineering bachelor's students wanting an accelerated master's degree; and career changers wanting proficiency and knowledge without completing a second bachelor's degree. The program's format is designed to be accessible and flexible for both full-time students and working professionals. Take advantage of late-day and evening courses, our use of distance-education technologies, and flexible scheduling to complete the program at your own pace. Graduates are prepared to apply for Ph.D. programs and are well positioned to teach at the high school or college level.
A student with a Master of Science in Software Engineering will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to implement and analyze sophisticated algorithms and data structures
- Analyze the artifacts created during the software development process
- Demonstrate knowledge of a range of distinct architectural styles, their appropriateness for problems, and possible organizational strategies for adoption
- Choose, read, and evaluate academic and industry publications
- Scholarships: While there are no program-specific scholarships available at this time, additional scholarships are available.
News & Events
- I’m working on my master’s degree.
- I have a fellowship from NASA.
- I’m working on the Lunar IceCube satellite project.
- I have enjoyed Vermont Tech’s small size and helpful faculty.
- My tuition money won’t go to waste.
- I’ll make a high salary as an electrical engineer.
- I work in the Student Affairs Office.
- I plan on enrolling in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology bachelor’s degree program next year.
- I want to figure out a way to give back to the manufacturing community after I earn my degree.
- I’m hooked on flying
- I can rebuild a damaged airplane
- I attended the Women in Aviation Conference
- I can’t wait to join the U.S. Forest Service
- I’m a TRIO mentor and tour guide.
- I’m pursuing my dream career.
- I’m doing this all on my own, but feel supported at school.
- I’m excited to be getting into my field quickly.
- My professors know me by name
- I am a student leader
- I am a peer mentor to other students
- Started the Multicultural Club at Vermont Tech
- I enjoy activities on campus, such as bowling, go-carting, and apple picking.
- I am so pleased I chose the Vermont Tech Dental Hygiene Program.
- As a student, I’ve learned how to prioritize my time and learn new study habits.
- I am pursuing my second degree at Vermont Tech.
- I am a mom.
- I am enjoying study abroad opportunities in Italy and Greece.
Education & Career Opportunities
Percent Job and Advanced Education Placement Rate in Computer Software Engineering
Vermont Tech Computer Software Engineering student outcomes are strong. The class of 2016 had a 100% job and advanced placement rate within six months of graduation. Many students have internships while they’re in college that lead to full-time employment after graduation.
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.