Computer Software Development
- Type of Degree: Certificate
- Location: Williston Campus, Online, Randolph Center Campus
- Credit Requirements: 23
Demand for information technology professionals is strong and growing. Jobs in software development are projected to grow as fast as average or faster, with earnings potential above the national average. The work can be often found across industries and is needed in both small and large organizations. This program is a good introduction for those with little, or no, software experience. Employees with these skills are highly valued. Students earning this certificate should expect to find work as an entry-level programmer, software designer, or engineer at a software company.
This certificate program is not a Title IV eligible educational program and does not qualify for federal financial aid.
These certificates are designed for the student who has already earned a degree from an accredited institution and would like to obtain higher-level skills. A student pursuing these certificates should have prior academic work or equivalent work experience.
To earn a certificate, a student must maintain a cumulative GPA for the entire certificate of at least 3.0. Courses in which the final grade is below a C don't count toward the certificate, but with permission from the host department, a subsequent course may be substituted. For a student with a particularly strong background, up to two courses may be waived with permission.
A student with a certificate in Computer Software Development will be able to:
- Demonstrate fluency in an object-oriented programing language
- Develop complete websites
- Understand the behaviors and implementation of computer networking
- Understand basic principles for developing and deploying high-quality software systems
- Scholarships: While there are no program-specific scholarships available at this time, additional scholarships are available.
News & Events
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.