Computer Software Development
- Type of Degree: Certificate
- Location: Williston Campus, Online, Randolph Center Campus
- Credit Requirements: 19
Demand for information technology professionals is strong and growing. Jobs in software development are projected to grow as fast as average or faster, with earnings potential above average salaries. The work can be often found across industries and is needed in both small and large organizations. Employees with these skills are highly valued. Students earning this certificate should expect to find work as an entry-level programmer, software designer, or engineer at a software company.
This certificate program is not a Title IV eligible educational program and does not qualify for federal financial aid.
A student with a certificate in Computer Software Development will be able to:
- Demonstrate fluency in an object-oriented programing language
- Develop complete websites
- Understand the behaviors and implementation of computer networking
- Understand basic principles for developing and deploying high-quality software systems
This certificate is designed for the student who has earned an associate degree or higher from an accredited institution and would like to obtain the skills required to fill a limited role in a software development group. A student enrolling in this program is expected to have some experience programming in Java or a related language; additional coursework may be necessary for students who don't meet this requirement.
To earn a certificate, a student must maintain a cumulative GPA for the entire certificate of at least 3.0. Courses in which the final grade is below a C don't count toward the certificate, but, with permission from the host department, a subsequent course may be substituted. For a student with a particularly strong background, up to two courses may be waived with department permission.
- Scholarships: While there are no program-specific scholarships available at this time, additional scholarships are available.
News & Events
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.