Business Technology & Management +2 (BS)
- School of Professional Studies and Management
- Type of Degree: Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Location: Williston Campus, Randolph Center Campus
- Credit Requirements: 120
Whether you want to own your own business or climb the corporate ladder, increase your chances of success with a background in business. This program is a degree-completion program that allows you to jump seamlessly into our program. This program will give you a more in-depth education in professional accounting, computer skills, management, marketing, human resources, presenting, and professional communications. A bachelor’s degree can open more doors than an associate degree alone, and future employers will want to see that you have the knowledge to adapt to the challenges of a dynamic marketplace.
The +2 Business Technology & Management program is a degree-completion program. Students must have at least 50 transferrable credits from an accredited institution. All coursework from an accredited institution not used to meet core requirements may be used toward the 120-credit minimum provided it does not duplicate other coursework.
Student outcomes correlate with the four-year bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Degree Requirements
Bachelor degree students are subject to Vermont Tech’s minimum degree requirements. The minimum degree requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Business Technology & Management are:
- 6 credits of English including Technical Communication
- 3 credits of information technology including CIS 1041 Computer Applications
- 6 credits of mathematics including MAT 2121 Statistics
- 7 credits of natural or physical science
- 12 credits of arts/humanities and/or social science including 3 credits at the 3000+ level
- 6 credits of other general education courses
- 40 credits of general education requirements
- 45 credits of electives
29 credits from the core curriculum including:
- ACC 2121 Financial Accounting or ACC 1020 Survey of Accounting
- BUS 2020 Principles of Management
- BUS 2230 Principles of Marketing
- BUS 2440 Introduction to Business Law
- BUS 3230 Financial Management or ACC 2122 Managerial Accounting
- BUS 3250 Organizational Behavior & Management
- BUS 3811 Business Problem Practicum
- BUS 4080 Business Strategy & Policy Development
- ECO 2060 Survey of Economics, Micro or Macro will substitute
6 credits from the following:
- BUS 3150 Production & Operations Management
- BUS 3410 Business Ethics
- BUS 4310 Writing for Workplace Success
- BUS 4530 Technical Project Management
- Scholarships: While there are no program-specific scholarships available at this time, additional scholarships are available.
News & Events
Associated Faculty & Staff
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.