Applied Business Management
- Type of Degree: Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Location: Online
- Credit Requirements: 120
Eager to finish what you started? Applied Business Management is a degree completion program designed for students with previously earned credits in any major to apply those credits directly to a bachelor’s degree. You'll earn business management and leadership skills directly related to career growth.
Graduates of this program will possess high-tech applied skills combined with management and leadership skills directly related to the use of technology in business and industry. The course content and sequence link with functional management areas through case studies and real-world situations. The focus throughout is how technical skills, interpersonal skills, and technology help to build a competitive strength in business.
We're flexible: enroll in either fall or spring and take one course, several courses or a full load. And, it's your choice whether you take all your classes online or combine online courses with traditional on-campus offerings. Students must have at least 50 transferable credits to be eligible for the program.
Applied Business Management is a degree-completion program that is offered entirely online. Students must have at least 50 transferrable credits from an accredited institution. These credits should include 20 credits consistent with the general education requirements for an associate degree. Any deficiencies will require additional coursework.
A student with a Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Management will be able to meet all of the outcomes of the Business Technology & Management bachelor’s degree.
The student, in conjunction with the department chair, develops a sequence of courses to best meet their background and needs that still satisfies the degree requirements. A typical curriculum is shown here.
Note: All of the courses below or equivalent coursework must be completed. All coursework from a regionally accredited institution not used to meet the above requirements may be used as elective credits toward the 120-credit minimum provided it does not duplicate other coursework being used.
- Scholarships: While there are no program-specific scholarships available at this time, additional scholarships are available.
- I work 40 hours a week at a bank and take six classes.
- I am pushing myself to always make the Dean’s List.
- I look forward to earning my degree.
- I am pursuing my second degree at Vermont Tech.
- I am a mom.
- I am enjoying study abroad opportunities in Italy and Greece.
- My professors know me by name
- I am a student leader
- I am a peer mentor to other students
- Started the Multicultural Club at Vermont Tech
- I am incredibly happy with my choice.
- Vermont Tech’s Ag program is like one big family.
- I get lots of experience at the farm and in the classroom.
- I work in the Student Affairs Office.
- I plan on enrolling in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology bachelor’s degree program next year.
- I want to figure out a way to give back to the manufacturing community after I earn my degree.
- I’m hooked on flying
- I can rebuild a damaged airplane
- I attended the Women in Aviation Conference
- I can’t wait to join the U.S. Forest Service
- I’m a TRIO mentor and tour guide.
- I’m pursuing my dream career.
- I’m doing this all on my own, but feel supported at school.
- I’m excited to be getting into my field quickly.
- I have enjoyed Vermont Tech’s small size and helpful faculty.
- My tuition money won’t go to waste.
- I’ll make a high salary as an electrical engineer.
- I enjoy activities on campus, such as bowling, go-carting, and apple picking.
- I am so pleased I chose the Vermont Tech Dental Hygiene Program.
- As a student, I’ve learned how to prioritize my time and learn new study habits.
Education & Career Opportunities
Percent Job and Advanced Education Placement Rate in Applied Business Management
Vermont Tech Applied Business Management student outcomes are strong. The class of 2016 had a 100% job and advanced placement rate within six months of graduation. Many students have internships while they’re in college that lead to full-time employment after graduation.
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.