2020 Summer Camp Dates:
TBD | Randolph Center Campus
Cost | $350 (includes meals, snacks, dorm accommodations, and all program activities). Partial scholarships available.
Vermont Tech’s summer camps create positive, safe, supportive environments, with teamwork, healthy body image and tons of fun woven in! A place where students can enhance their leadership skills as well as get their hands dirty, express themselves creatively, explore what the world has to offer them, what they have to offer the world and take positive risks!
Program offerings may include: Computer Information Technology; Civil/Environmental & Architectural Engineering Technology; Construction Management; Science, Agriculture, Welding; Fire Science; Mechanical & Advanced Manufacturing Engineering plus loads of activities, arts, and more!!
This experience helps youth expand their sense of the range of educational and work and career options available to them.
A holistic multi-faceted experience to:
- Try out a variety of trades and technical fields
- Increase self-confidence and self-worth and push past preconceived limitations
- Consider careers in STEM-based, nontraditional fields
- Develop new areas of physical and emotional confidence
- Expand math and science skills through concrete applications
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills
- Have fun; make new friends with likeminded spirits - and much, much more!
As validation of the effectiveness of Vermont Tech’s camp last summer, 87 percent of participants suggested that the experience made them more likely to pursue a STEM or trade career. “I work hard in math and science but I still have anxiety about my ability to do them. This camp helped me build confidence as well as helped me gain experience using STEM in projects and activities,” noted a camper at the end of the program.