2020 Summer Camp Dates:
Residential: July 12-17 | Randolph Center Campus
Day-camp: July 27-31 | Williston Campus
The National Summer Transportation Institute (NSTI) is a fun, interactive, FREE program held on a college campus in Vermont for students entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grades, as well as a day-camp for middle school students.
The program provides students with hands-on exploration of future careers in transportation through awareness of the complex transportation system we’ve come to rely on. Interactive labs, field trips and guest speakers will engage the students as they drive a big rig in the CDL simulator, visit mass transit systems, and learn how bridges are designed and created. Exploring energy, the environment and eco-friendly transportation systems gives focus to how Math, Science, and English all relate to transportation careers. The NSTI is sponsored by the Vermont Agency of Transportation and funded through a grant from the Federal Highway Administration.
Experience this incredible opportunity by:
- Visiting mass transit systems: Ferries, planes, buses, trains, and more;
- Exploring energy and the environment: alternative fuels, eco-friendly transportation;
- Connecting how Math, Science, and English relate to transportation careers;
- Learning about transportation safety;
- Studying how bridges are designed and made.
- Extensive field trips to sites throughout Vermont;
- On-campus living and learning experience;
- Qualified instructors and counselors oversee all aspects of curriculum and campus life;
- Group and independent exploration and learning.