2017 Summer Camp Dates:
Residential: July 16-21 | Randolph Center Campus
Day-camp: August 7-11 | Williston Campus
The National Summer Transportation Institute (NSTI) is a fun, interactive, FREE residential program held on a college campus in Vermont for students in high school and this summer we will also of a day-camp for middle school students.
The program provides students with hands-on exploration of future careers in transportation through awareness of the complex transportation system we’ve come to rely on. Interactive labs, field trips and guest speakers will engage the students as they explore the diversity of the transportation industry. The NSTI is sponsored by the Vermont Agency of Transportation and funded through a grant from the Federal Highway Administration.
Experience this incredible opportunity by:
- Visiting mass transit systems: Ferries, planes, buses, trains, and more;
- Exploring energy and the environment: alternative fuels, eco-friendly transportation;
- Connecting how Math, Science, and English relate to transportation careers;
- Learning about transportation safety;
- Studying how bridges are designed and made.
- Extensive field trips to sites throughout Vermont;
- On-campus living and learning experience;
- Qualified instructors and counselors oversee all aspects of curriculum and campus life;
- Group and independent exploration and learning.