The Strengthening Working Families Initiative (SWFI)* provides no-cost training and support services to eligible parents seeking a career with benefits in the manufacturing sector.
A US Department of Labor grant, SWFI aims to help working families get the skills and support they need to find better paying jobs. SWFI participants receive:
- No cost training in manufacturing. We'll help you get the skills you need to find a career with good wages.
- Support services while in enrolled in classes. We can help you with childcare, transportation, and more.
- Extra class support. We'll check in along the way to help you succeed.
Which trainings can a SWFI student take?
We offer a variety of trainings to help SWFI participants earn industry recognized credentials in manufacturing.
Our SWFI-eligible offerings include:
- Certified Production Technician
- Advanced Manufacturing Apprenticeship
- Industrial Maintenance Apprenticeship
- SolidWorks & CNC Machining
Scroll down to find our current SWFI offerings.
Am I eligible for SWFI?
To be eligible for SWFI, you must be a custodial parent who:
- Is 17 years of age or older
- Has a child or children 13 years old or youngerr, or at least one child with a disability or developmental delay that is older than 13
- Is eligible to work in the US
A custodial parent is:
- A married parent
- A single parent with full or partial custody
- An actively parenting stepparent
- A divorced parent with full or partial custody
- A foster parent
- A legal guardian with custody
- A grandparent with custody
How do I apply?
Complete our online form or call us at 802-879-2348.