Home » Admissions » Student Rights and Responsibilities
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Student Rights As a financial aid recipient, you have the right to:
- Accept, reject, or seek adjustment to your financial aid award without predjudice.
- Know how much aid you will receive per semester and when it will be disbursed.
- Know the terms of any Work Study eligibility you are offered.
- Know the interest rate of any loan offered to you, the amount you must repay, the repayment procedures, the length of time you have to repay the loan, and when repayment begins.
- Access your financial aid file.
- Seek financial aid counseling.
- Privacy of information regarding your financial aid information.
- Receive financial aid as long as you are eligible as long as funds are available.
- Request an appeal on award decisions based on your circumstance, situation, or emergency, that you feel warrants consideration.
As a financial aid recipient, you have the responsibility to:
- Be prepared to provide the expected yearly student and parent contribution to cover academic expenses.
- Check your semester financial aid awards against your award letter.
- If necessary, to know the prescribed withdrawal/drop process for courses and to contact the Registrarís office accordingly.
- Know that if you are in default on any loans and/or owe aid repayments, you will be denied additional aid.
- Know that if you receive aid that exceeds your calculated need, you must repay the excess.
- Notify your Vermont Technical College work study supervisor if you withdraw from classes or drop below six credits.
- Provide accurate factual information on all financial aid forms requested within 30 days of the request.
- Notify the Registrarís Office of any change in name or address.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office of any addition financial aid/scholarships that you receive.
- Reapply for financial assistance on an annual basis.