|Lauri Sybel, Director Career Services|
The Career/Transfer Center in Conant 200 is set up to help students get the skills they need to succeed in a dynamic, competitive, and changing job market. The Center provides one-stop shopping for students seeking career and educational direction and opportunity, from summer jobs and internships to building a career.
The office maintains an active outreach program with industry, building strong relationships with companies for on-campus recruiting and job fairs.
The TRIO Career/Transfer Counselor works primarily with TRIO-eligible students to help them set career goals and take appropriate action to meet them. One objective of the transfer program is to encourage students to pursue a bachelor's degree, which expands career options and earning potential.
To schedule an appointment for placement, or to learn more about it, contact Lauri Sybel at extension 1320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfer and career counseling, and self-assessment tools.
- Résumé and cover letter review, assistance, samples, and paper.
- Résumé referral service.
- Interviewing skills assistance.
- College transfer resources including: college catalogs and other literature; transfer and scholarship information; articulation agreements; support for field trips to four-year colleges.
- Career and transfer related software, handouts, and reference books.
- Job search resources, including: employer information; job postings; alumni information; job search assistance; information on specific careers; support for field trips to local employers; corporate field trips; on-campus recruiting, including a Fall Career Fair.
- Computer terminals.
- Assistance finding summer jobs, full-time jobs, and internships.