|The following are grounds for appeal:|
During any hearings that are part of the appeals processes, a student is allowed to have one support person; this person is not permitted to speak on the student's behalf, but only to advise and support the student.
- New evidence not reasonably available at the time of the write-up
- A procedural error in the write-up that can be shown to have a detrimental impact
- Errors in the interpretation of College policy so substantial as to deny any party a fair judgment
- A grossly inappropriate sanction having no reasonable relationship to the charges.
Appeals of First Offense Sanctions:
For information on appeals relate to Nursing and Allied Health clinical sanctions, please refer to the appropriate section for that program in this handbook
- Appeals must be submitted, in writing, to the Assistant Dean for Campus Life, Conant 225
- Appeals must be submitted within 48 hours of receiving the sanction
- Appeals must be based upon the grounds for appeal stated above or it will be denied.
- Student may choose either the Assistant Dean for Campus Life or the Student Discipline Board to hear the appeal.