|The Vermont Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) program is an independent, accredited high school exclusively for high school seniors.|
For Vermont residents, VAST is tuition-free.VAST is an accelerated program that allows high school senior to take a full year of college-level classes while completing their high school degree. In other words, the classes taken at Vermont Tech simultaneously serve as a studentís senior year of high school and a full year of college credit.
VAST is recognized as an independent high school with the authority to grant diplomas, making it is an ideal option for home-schooled students ó enabling them to secure a diploma and providing a transition to a traditional, structured academic environment.
After graduating from VAST, students are able to apply to Vermont Tech as a sophomore student or transfer their earned credits towards their freshman year at another institution.
Who can be a VAST student?Any 11th grade student is eligible to apply to either the Randolph Center main campus or the Williston campus. Students come from all areas of Vermont and from surrounding states as well.
Students who excel in the VAST program typically:
For more information please read the VAST FAQ or contact an admissions counselor at email@example.com or 800-442-8821.
- Have a passion for math and science
- Have completed most of the upper-level courses offered at their high school
- Have been home-schooled and are wanting to obtain a high school diploma while earning college credits tuition-free
- Are looking for a program that includes a peer group that is as passionate learning as they are
- Are academically curious and enjoy to be challenged