Nursing, Allied Health, Respiratory Therapy, and Dental Hygiene Applicants
|If you are applying to one of the Allied Health programs, please submit:|
All Practical Nursing, Nursing, Dental Hygiene, and Respiratory students are required to pass a background check prior to June 1.
- Completed application (available online at www.vtc.edu) (indicate any locations you would consider attending)
- $44 application fee (payable to Vermont Technical College)
- Official high school transcript or official scores from a high school equivalency exam (GED)
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges previously attended, whether seeking transfer credit or not
- SAT I or ACT results, if available
- Vermont Tech placement test scores
- Two signed letters of recommendation, dated within the past six months, on letterhead. Letters should address your work ethic; communication skills; potential for adaptation to a fast-paced clinical environment; and potential to competently and compassionately deliver health care to patients across the lifespan. Letters from family members cannot be accepted
(Nursing Only) Prior to start of classes, provide proof of current Health Provider CPR certification.
(Nursing Only) If returning to complete a Practical Nursing program after a year, students must perform a demonstration of all skills learned in the appropriate lab/clinical course from the year before. This must be done prior to reentry. If a student is unable to perform these skills satisfactorily he or she will not be readmitted to the program. Students who have been out of the program for more than a year must repeat all nursing clinical courses in the program.
(Respiratory Only) If returning to complete the Respiratory Therapy program after a semester off, students must perform a demonstration of all skills learned in the appropriate labs/clinical course from the year before. This must be done prior to reentry. If a student is unable to perform these skills satisfactorily, he or she will not be readmitted to the program. Students who have been out of the program for more than a year must repeat all RSP courses in the program.